Idea to update on expanding cats and dogs

by petrovakim

Original Post

Idea to update on expanding cats and dogs

★★ Apprentice

Wouldn't it be more natural and realistic if our pets had their water bowl too?

It's weird to see them drinking from puddles (when there's a broken object), but not having a bowl of water, doesn't make much sense o.0

And yet where do they have puddle water, we have options to scold them for that...

What do you think of this?

Maybe the creators can think about it Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (641 Views)

Re: Idea to update on expanding cats and dogs

[ Edited ]
Champion

@petrovakim I've had that thought about a water bowl - and disgust that they'll drink from or roll in any liquid - from anywhere. On the other hand I was relieved that like with 'human' sims there is not a requirement to have water, though they will enjoy it. One less thing.

I suppose if we had an optional water dish that increased hunger for them plus that helped discourage them from drinking from puddles that would be nice. CatDog

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 12 (619 Views)

Champion

@petrovakim, there is a survey right now about updating some things on TS4, including the opportunity to update preexisting packs including Cats & Dogs!  You might want to start up your game while online and click the link to the survey found on the Main Menu of your game!

And yes, I've always thought that it was odd that our pets didn't have a water dish! Shocked  I also think it is very wrong that our dogs in the game can't sleep on our beds, or even get on them at all! Devil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 12 (601 Views)

Champion

@PugLove888 Yes! I want the dogs and cats to be able to sleep in beds too!  Great idea!

Message 4 of 12 (590 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Thanks for reading, and showing your point of view, but not cool to mess with puddles, for sure Standard smile
Message 5 of 12 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@petrovakim You're very welcome, and I hope you were able to add your suggestion to your survey per @PugLove888 's suggestion. I've added my 'me too' and 'XP' to this post, and I hope it will also be considered. 

Message 6 of 12 (538 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Thank you! I think I've done this research, but I'll look again Standard smile and thank you for read, and yes for now the beds are rugs, sad but true...
Message 7 of 12 (537 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Some people also missed dog houses...
Message 8 of 12 (534 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Thank you for read Standard smile to share your will and help this idea thank you!
Message 9 of 12 (532 Views)

Champion

@petrovakim Another great idea! Though I played other versions of Sims I didn't have pets, so I wasn't aware of that difference. That would be a nice addition too. Good idea!

Message 10 of 12 (531 Views)