Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Idea to improve the bug report form

by Scobre876

Original Post

Highlighted

Idea to improve the bug report form

★★ Apprentice

Sometimes bug reports are not very descriptive or don't define how to reproduce the bug in a lot of detail. I'm sure this is often due to the OP not being that experienced in reporting bugs and/or they don't know how to compose a good bug report. I've even looked at some reports where the description was so vague that I was unsure whether the OP was talking about the same bug that I was experiencing so I couldn't tell if I should click 'Me too' or not.

To avoid this, I thought it might be helpful to showcase or link within the report an example bug report for reference. It should also include reasons for why the answers on that example bug report are considered good. Sometimes it's easiest to follow an example rather than just answer an open question. Wink I'm pretty sure that getting more descriptive bug reports makes life easier for both devs and us players. Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (210 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@siirysiir , I love your suggestion!  🙌  You are right in that some people might be unsure how best to fill out a bug report.  This could help them feel more comfortable and also help those who look at the bug reports!  Win-Win situation!   And of course, like you said, it will help others with similar problems! Angel

Message 2 of 5 (155 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

I agree on everything  said in this thread.  The questions in the template are too vague to produce any detailed answers, and the most important question - on what triggered the issue - is often answered with a question mark.

It would aid an idea of transparancy if it were more clearly expressed on the bug forum what the bug reports are used for, and how they best are to be interpreted; both for the player filling them in, and the players wanting to click Me Too, as well as help narrowing the issue down. 

To clarify, I mean official information; from EA, the Community Managers, the Sim Gurus and/ or The Sims Team/developer team. 

Message 3 of 5 (106 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Glad to see other simmers agreeing, I sure hope this becomes reality! Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (77 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I really love the ideas.  We do need easier ways to report bugs.

Message 5 of 5 (45 Views)
Twitter Stream