Re: Idea for Sims 4 cats and dogs

by Rowllan

Original Post

Idea for Sims 4 cats and dogs

★★ Novice

I think that in the sims 4, we should still have the option to play as the animals. I mean, there's vampires, you can stop yourself from aging, men can be pregnant, and you can be colors such as red or green. Realistic game or not, I think that there should be a button you can press so that people like me, who want to play as the pet, can. I respect the creators of the game and all, but I want to be the pet, like in the sims 3.

Message 1 of 6 (1,315 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There will be no possibility to play as a pet. This has been confirmed by the developers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (1,291 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh, I figured that. Just wanted to voice my opinion, that's all.

Message 3 of 6 (1,277 Views)

Champion

@Rowllan, I agree that we should be allowed to play as a dog or cat, but @jpkarlsen is correct in that it has been confirmed that the pets will only be directed by our other Sims' commands and will not be playable. Frown

Most people wanted their Sims to direct the dogs and cats because it is more unpredictable and makes for more challenging gameplay.  But, playing as a dog or cat is more immersive.  Therefore, I think they should allow for both styles of gameplay.  If a person doesn't want to play as an animal, then they can just control the human Sims and make them direct the pets instead.  This way both styles of players are happy, instead of just one style of player! Angel  Sadly, they chose not to do this. Devil

I'm still looking forward to the pack, though. Standard smile  Pets are always my favorite expansions to the game (followed by Seasons/weather), and I really enjoyed TS2's version even if the pets weren't controllable.  But I still think TS3 had it right!  Being able to be the pet was so much fun! DogCatHeart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,234 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think the reason why they didn't make them controllable is the fact people who wanted a challenging and unpredictable gameplay in Sims 3 pets, didn't have a chance. Sims 3 have them the power to not to control the pets, but seeing those pets are completely playable, most of the actions depends on the player, Some actions aren't doable by pets without the players command, so with that case they still have to play with them, loosing challenge. People who want unpredictable gameplay didn't get a fleshed out behavior like Sims 2 did, seeing the development time focused on making them controllable. So if they do both, People who want challenge will be left in the dust like what sims 3 did IMO, so what the devs do is to focus on behaviors of pets to make them more believable, spontaneous, and lifelike, and to exceed on what Sims 2 did on that part, they have to cut playable pets.

Message 5 of 6 (1,214 Views)

Champion

Yes, it is more challenging to control your pets through your human Sims, but I want to be the pet! DogCat Playing as a pet is more immersive and its what I prefer. Heart  I thought TS3's Pets was perfect!  With TS4' version now I'm left in the dust! Frown  The best thing to do is to allow for both types a gameplay, and then everybody is happy! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 6 (1,205 Views)