I want to overhaul my house? What do you suggest?

by AmySupFan

Original Post

I want to overhaul my house? What do you suggest?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am wanting to majorly renovate my house. It feels unoriginal and boring compared to so many others. Do I need to remove everything in the room first to keep everything? I thought I remember someone mentioning that you don’t want to just remove a room or you may lose things. 

Any suggestions would be great.

Also, if I remove a room, could I save it in case I decide to buy another lot? 

I’m still new to this game (last year) and I just want to do the best thing for my Sims!Winchester. 

Message 1 of 5 (594 Views)

Re: I want to overhaul my house? What do you suggest?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AmySupFanPlease keep asking around. I don’t know everything and especially what I Don’t know could get you in trouble. So check with someone in authority before doing anything, that would be my first advice. When you’re down to a few basic questions you really need to know.

Here’s what I know:
The best way to pack up a room is to put the room itself in storage IMO. If you go to Rooms in the Build Menu there is an option to Store. Just press it and the whole room goes into storage for you, including everything in it! You can save it for later to use as any room shape you want.
Unfortunately that room is for that house, though. You can’t take rooms from house to house. That’s definite.

I don’t know about just removing a room and losing things but I wouldn’t mind hearing more. I’ve never lost anything from storing a room. Maybe others have.

Something you might want to consider if you want to do the best thing for your Sims. When you’re renovating, if you don’t have another property, they’re all trying to live there at the same time. Once I had a baby in tow when I was trying to renovate and I had to do the house piecemeal. I kept her in the kitchen with her mother while I was demolishing the rest. But it was a pain. I would have preferred to be able to take the whole thing down and start fresh.
I have seen people with NO house, their Sims just wandering around on the grass. Even kids. They seemed fine and I’m sure nothing happens but it’s something to consider.😃

Message 2 of 5 (568 Views)

Hero
@AmySupFan Players have lost items when renovating and they’ve linked it to storaging a whole room with the items in it. So I’d be careful especially with the high price items and heirlooms.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 5 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Omygosh I didn’t know that. That’s a major drag because whenever I get enough money together for a 4th storey I’m building my final base home. Hopefully. I don’t think there’s any way I’ll be able to remember everything I have in the whole entire house!

Im going to have to write it all down.

@AmySupFan I would take a picture of every room from multiple angles and unfortunately photograph your entire storage, (a lot of work) just to be on the safe side. 
As regards Heirlooms they don’t replace those. Those are gone forever. I know that because it happened to me. I lost an entire Heirloom case of 1st level Heirlooms at Christmas. The really cute ones.☹️ So put those in Storage first, separately, that’s what I’d do. 

Message 4 of 5 (559 Views)

★ Guide

The front and back of my house

Message 5 of 5 (520 Views)