I want a refund

by maddyyf17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I want a refund

★ Novice

Hi there,

I have had Sims 4 for less than a week now and everything has been working normal up until about 2 days ago when my Building Mode stopped working. Every time I enter building mode I can do nothing and I have to force quit my entire game. I have tried to contact EA support however I cannot get a hold of them and the support options they have provided are of no help at all.

I have tried deleting and re-downloading origin, restarting the game, restarting and safe booting my whole laptop, and still nothing is helping the issue.

This is really unacceptable as I was under the impression that my laptop was suitable for this game as it worked for almost 3 days with no problems, and now I cannot do anything in the game and it seems nothing can fix it, and I have had absolutely no help from any of the support team for EA games.

I tried lodging for a refund as when I bought the game it said I could, however, I was not aware of the fine line rules that that covered. So now, because I opened the game more than 24 hours ago, I am stuck with a game that doesn't even work. Please just let me know what else I can do, either to fix the game or better yet get my money back so I do not have to deal with these problems again.

Not happy.

Message 1 of 6 (619 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I want a refund

★★★ Guide
@maddyyf17 Have you tried a repair game and/or Uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Are you playing the legacy version? If not, have you tried the legacy version? Did you check the minimum requirements before downloading?

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (487 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@maddyyf17 

Did you install any Mods? If so remove them.

If not. Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

Only EA support can help you with a refund.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (565 Views)

★ Novice
@jpkarlsen hey there I have clicked on your link but it's for PC and I have a mac... What else should I do as I cannot get a hold of EA Support at the moment.
Message 3 of 6 (491 Views)

★★★ Guide
@maddyyf17 Have you tried a repair game and/or Uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Are you playing the legacy version? If not, have you tried the legacy version? Did you check the minimum requirements before downloading?
Message 4 of 6 (488 Views)

★ Novice
@FluidPanNerd thank you so much! I just tried to repair it and it's now working. Fingers crossed it stays working!
Message 5 of 6 (469 Views)

★★★ Guide
@maddyyf17 No problem!
Message 6 of 6 (462 Views)