Re: I just want to learn a simple tip about fishing

by aodoherty

Original Post

I just want to learn a simple tip about fishing

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

9.jpg

Hi, I feel like my vampire sims catch more those chests than fishes.  If they do the fishing on pond or seaside for 5 hours, then they catch only 3 chests and 2 fishes. This girl's fishing skill is level 7. But my other male sim is the same at level 10.  Is there any idea to catch more fishes THAN Chests? Thanks. Standard smile

Message 1 of 16 (1,633 Views)

★★★ Pro

Try using fish or fruit and vegetables as bait that should work when you click on the fishing pond select the fish with bait option.

Message 2 of 16 (1,611 Views)

★★ Pro
@Rachelharris31 Thanks. I tried but actually the same. Tried to fish with bait, fried to go for big catch and all the same..Frown
Message 3 of 16 (1,590 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty I often see this in my game as well and I am not aware of any real fix for it. My current Sim is an avid angler and she is at level 10 in the fishing skill. I'm trying to complete the fish collection and fill 4 large fish tanks with a variety of colorful fish. Some days she'll catch more boxes full of parsley or other random items than she does fish, but other days she does not catch any of those boxes at all. She's been doing most of her fishing in Brindleton Bay, Sulani, and Granite Falls. I don't know if any of this varies by location or if it's all truly just random. On the plus side she has caught some very high value items in those boxes like gold bars, Ambrosia treats for pets, Virtuoso Violins, and more.

Message 4 of 16 (1,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RandomBuzzinessIs your sim a vampire? It seems my human or spell caster sims catch fishes more often than vampire sims in my game.

2.jpg

3.jpg

I can catch the others in the jungle, granite falls and forgotten hallows. Those fishes I mentioned, I tried every single baits and every fish spots in all towns I have but No LUCK, and keep catching the D__n chests. I'm nearly got exhausted.

Maybe I can catch more fishes while talking about the great fishing spot interaction? with other sims which means not really catching but can be added in the collection list.. I haven't caught the Gummie Guppie above in the collection list. I got it while talking with other sims.

Also to complete the gardening collection, I have to grow the trash plant without my will, otherwise, the collection won't be completed forever. (I really hate the trash plant as my sims are neat.) Is there any possibility of Maxis remove this from the gardening collection like death flower? Why don't they put the death flower instead of useless trash fruit? Both of them are base game items.

Message 5 of 16 (1,533 Views)

Champion

@aodoherty, if I remember from the patch notes , the trash plant now has a use (in order to work with the new Eco Lifestyle EP).Thinking  So it should be useless anymore!  Still, I realize that doesn't help you with your neat Sims in growing all the plants in a garden! Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 16 (1,495 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@PugLove888OMG....I don't have a plan to purchase Eco Life Style yet.. LOL.. Thanks. :D

Message 7 of 16 (1,490 Views)

Champion

@aodoherty, well then a trash plant wouldn't be as much use to you, even if it isn't totally useless anymore! Wink   Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 16 (1,476 Views)

★★ Pro
@PugLove888
Sorry but do you know what you can do with trash fruit in Eco Lifestyle? I have a simmer friend owns Eco pack and she is curious about this feature. I googled everywhere but found only very old threads.
Message 9 of 16 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Guide

I belive you can make Fizzie Juice with them Never tried it. Not sure I would want too. Not sure if there is anything else

Message 10 of 16 (1,360 Views)