Re: I have a few questions about sims.

by valohim666

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty I agree that NPC families living on houseboats was a major cause of lag issues on Island Paradise, but from what I've seen even some of the regular residential lots had problems. One of them didn't even have a front door! Many of the others had minor routing problems that would cause Sims to get stuck. But yeah, I did move all of the NPC families off of houseboats and into regular houses and I fixed all of the residential lots that had routing problems and now my Isla Paradiso works great. I too have no lag issues at all. Mine does not load nearly that fast but some of my save files are massive & I use a large amount of CC. The Isla Paradiso lag topic has been discussed quite often over on the Sims 3 forum. Here is a link to a "fixed" version of Isla Paradiso. It's basically a Day Zero save with all of the fixes built-in so all you have to do is create a Sim and start playing. I've tried it and it works great :D

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

The world itself was beautifully designed and I do love playing it. My most recent Sim lives in a houseboat, though she also owns a regular home on the main island. She spends about half of her time in port and the other half out on the open ocean. She did work in the Lifeguard career in between terms at Sims University. She had a few times where there were too many drowning Sims to rescue and she could not get to all of them in time. From what I've seen none of them ever actually drowned, the worse thing that ever happened was they eventually just swam back to the beach and yelled at my Lifeguard, just like you already posted. She eventually quit that career after finishing University. Now she just does various diving jobs for the restaurants & she earns enough from doing this that she does not need a regular career.

Lol that's so funny about teaching teens to drive on Isla Paradiso xD I've never tried it there but I've had various Sims teach many teens to drive on Aurora Skies and Monte Vista. My Isla Paradiso Sim doesn't even own a car, just a motorboat and a bicycle.

@valohim666 Sims 3 is still an awesome game so there is no reason not to keep playing it. I personally do not have a preference between Sims 3 and Sims 4, I enjoy playing them both. Of course there are some parts I love more about one than the other but they are very different games in many ways. I have mostly been playing Sims 4 recently because I'm still adding more content and the game feels very new to me.

Message 11 of 21 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@valohim666I strongly recommend it. Standard smile TS3 is quite funny with the default story progression.

Message 12 of 21 (942 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@RandomBuzziness Have you ever tried some of the edited worlds that someone did to try and fix some of them? You mention the save file within that link you provided, but what I'm talking about is in that link too and is basically an attempt to fix Isla Paradiso and there's some for most other worlds if not all of them. The edits make changes to pathing to try and reduce sims getting stuck, and I believe it also helps with poor routing sims might take so overall they're to try and help performance. They were made by a Mod The Sims user called ellacharmed (or I've seen it spelled ellacharm3d) and they have several of their "fixed" worlds that might be worth trying.

@aodoherty I've gone back and forth at times between the default and the NRaas story progression, though looking at my mods folder it seems I was using the default last time I had played. I typically stick with the default, because the NRaas mod can be overwhelming with the options lol.

Message 13 of 21 (910 Views)

@valohim666  Ellacharmed's world fixes are great, but in the case of Isla Paradiso, hers isn't enough.  She finished addressing the underlying issues with the broken map itself, and maybe some other stuff, but never had a chance to fix the problems with houses that @RandomBuzziness mentioned.

The fixed version of IP offered by ciane (in the forum link) works great, and for those who'd rather do the edits themselves, everything is documented.  Whether you also install Ellacharmed's world fix or not, it's still necessary to address some of the other issues with houseboats and certain houses.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 21 (850 Views)

★★★ Expert

@valohim666 I haven't tried any of those Ellacharmed world fixes but it's great to know that they still work (thank you @puzzlezaddict)! :D To be honest, I haven't experienced very many routing issues/ stuck Sims in any of the other worlds I play anyway & NRAAS Overwatch seems to be taking care of any that do occur. Aside from Isla Paradiso, I mostly play store worlds like Aurora Skies, Midnight Hollow, Monte Vista, and Sunlit Tides. I sort of feel like playing Midnight Hollow again so maybe I'll load up one of my old saves and reminisce for a while ;-D

Message 15 of 21 (827 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Yeah yesterday I ended up adding in those for the worlds I have, but before I did I made sure to go back and do more research about them. I saw others saying what you did about Isla Paradiso, and how it just wasn't enough and they had to make changes to lots and other things. From what I understand the creator ended up dealing with some personal issues, and so they never got around to properly finishing some of the worlds. It would have been nice if they did finish, or if someone else stepped up and took their place, but it's perfectly understandable that personal issues come first. 

@RandomBuzziness The way I look at it, there just is no substitute for Overwatch. It's one of those things where whenever I see someone saying they want to try Sims 3, I tell them that they need it lol. I'm sure those fixed worlds would make Overwatch work a little less though, especially if it can help prevent stuck sims. I don't think I ever tried the store worlds, then again I never spent much money on the game and only have 3 expansions. The Midnight Hollow one did confuse me yesterday. I downloaded a collection someone put together of those fixed worlds, and I got that mixed up with the world of Supernatural. I do have Supernatural so I genuinely thought to myself "didn't I just put that one in" when I saw Midnight Hollow, then of course I realized the Supernatural one was Moonlight Falls. Midnight, Moonlight, it's too similar for my simple mind lol.

Message 16 of 21 (813 Views)

Champion

@valohim666, I'm sorry you can't play TS2 anymore Devil since that has the best gameplay of any of the 4 Sims versions! Party hat  I was disappointed in TS3 (even before the lagging and crashes started) because it was just so empty... big world but so hard to find any Sims out and about in it, and when you did, by the time your Sim got over there, the others were gone! Disappointed  I spent more time looking for Sims (outside of the household) to interact with than actually playing the game. SickLarge smile  If it wasn't for CASt and creating new patterns or recoloring old ones, I might have just gone back to TS2! Raised eyebrow  (I did prefer that you could actually play as your pets, though! But that pack came later).  
(I'm also happy you like my Youth Potion theory for Bella Goth!  )

@RandomBuzziness, I did love the houseboats, but they also slowed down the game. By that time I had gotten rid of any mods and all CC ,  I'm glad for y'all there are things you can do to make it run better! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 21 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RandomBuzziness 

Thank you for the link but I have my own edited version of save Standard smile I moved all the houseboat families to the land and gave them new houses. :D Then, I turned all houseboats into the community lot, no visitors allowed, then the issue has gone. I saved this edited version on my google drive, so that I can use it any time.

73.png

70.png

70.png

The daddy sim and the son went through the mountain while receiving the driving lesson. It happened about 5 years ago? I'm still having this screenshots. :D

If the daddy sim has the magic broom as a transportation, his son rides on the broom, and leaves  his daddy sim in front of  home lot, then he learns driving himself. :D And you know I can hear car engine sound from the broom stick. LOL

@PugLove888  If the active sim owns a fast speed car, then the neighborhood sims can arrive late than you expect, because most of them use Sloppy Jaloppy slow speed car. Of course, it's not crowded but I can see 5-6 sims in community lots. If your sim plays guitar or digital piano on community lot, then the sims will come to listen to the music. Standard smile Also if you place a lot of community lots in the world, then the inactive sims visit random community lots. Some sims visit other neighborhood homes and ring the bells. While my sim is bathing at home lot, I can see one sim is fishing at the fishing spot, one other sim is enjoying hut tub in the club, one sim is arguing with other sim on the street, one old sim is beating up his son in law in front of the supermarket as he is working for the criminal. That's why you cannot see many sims in one community lot. So if you want to see many sims in the community lot, then place  a couple of community lots, then sims will gather there. Standard smile

Message 18 of 21 (752 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888 I used to play Sims 2 to death, and when I say to death I sort of mean it literally since I basically killed an old computer from playing too much lol. Last time I had played, I downloaded a bunch of custom cars and had my sim start an Audi dealership. Found some old screenshots of it too, they're from 2017 so that just shows how long since I played. As for Sims 3, I feel like there was a mod that let you right click a sim in your relationship list and it would find them. I can't remember what it was though, maybe NRaas RelationshipPanel. Finding a sim without that is really annoying, though even with that mod it could be annoying if you are looking for someone you haven't met. With the pets, I remember there being a cheat to control them in Sims 2 though I don't remember how well that worked.

Your potion theory makes a lot of sense, or I think it does anyway. I mean if any played character has access to one then I find it easy to imagine anyone potentially having access too, plus I find it easy to imagine someone wanting to stay young.

Message 19 of 21 (720 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty Yeah I agree that moving all NPC families off of houseboats and into regular homes cleared almost all of my lag issues too. I had at least one house that had problems with the front door so any Sim visiting that lot would get stuck and would need to be reset. Ciane listed several other lots with problems with their front doors so you can fix those yourself if any of that ever becomes a problem in your game. That's crazy how cars would jump from one island to the next and fly through mountains! It must have been because of the teen driver training? I've never seen that happen for regular traveling between islands. It would have been nice to have a bridge between the two main islands or maybe even a ferry (it always seemed weird to me how Sims could carry their cars in a taxi boat.)

@valohim666  My theory for Bella goes like this: In her career as a secret agent she was infiltrating the lab of an evil villain where she was devoured by a Cow Plant. Surviving the ordeal, she milked the Cow Plant, drank the potion, and went on to complete her mission. Or maybe she tricked the evil villain into being devoured by the Cow Plant and then milked it anyway. If you see an angry evil villain ghost walking around muttering Bella's name then we'll know for sure! xD

Message 20 of 21 (695 Views)