I'd love to be able to buy my other Sims' books

by wombatilim

Original Post

I'd love to be able to buy my other Sims' books

★★★ Guide

It seems to me that if I publish a book, it is officially "out in the world." It would be great if my sims in other households could buy those books. It might even inspire me to fill out the description field if I could do that.

Message 1 of 6 (1,368 Views)

Re: I'd love to be able to buy my other Sims' books

★★★★ Expert

I play a lot of authors and would love it, too. 

In some households, I go all out with descriptions and titles (I particularly go wild with a mermaid conservationist who is a Child of the Ocean--every documentary is called something like "Fabulous Fish Friends" and has a description like "Look at my fish friends!  Aren't they delightful and majestic?  SAVE SULANI! SAVE MY FISH FRIENDS!"  Also my spellcaster author who is married to a mermaid writes romance novels called things like The Wizard and the Mermaid) but after a while... yeah. 

Message 2 of 6 (1,344 Views)

Champion

@wombatilim Yes! I've played through the writer career and aspiration a few times.  My sims spent a lot of time writing those books.  Also, it's a huge chore to get them in the right moods for them, especially to get that elusive Bestseller.  It would be wonderful to have them available for other sims to read.  Thanks for sharing!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 6 (1,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Totally agree!  I would love to see this brought into the game.  I have several sims who are "writers", and I have the Get Famous EP as well, some of my authors are supposedly famous, however no one can purchase any of their books.  Odd.  Also, it could carry over into the film industry.  How fun would it be if your book was made into a film as well.  Then some of my actor sims could get the role.  It would make the whole Get Famous EP interesting again.

Message 4 of 6 (1,307 Views)

★★ Pro
@wombatilim I totally understand, I'd love this to be implemented in the game too. While it's not possible yet.. can't you copy the books in your sim's inventory? I just thought, maybe you could make multiple copies and set up a book store (with Get to work)? I know it's a bit of a hassle but I've thought about doing this sometimes. Standard smile Also I haven't tried but can you copy books by saving them in a room and then placing it from your gallery?
Message 5 of 6 (1,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@siirysiir Hi!  What a great idea!  I don't have a writer in my current game but I think I just might change the storyline and add one.  It would be pretty cool if that worked.  :-)

Edit: Sooo ... I haven't opened a store yet but I did try to sell my sim's books at the flea market.  A NPC walked up, grabbed one of the books and took off!  lol  I don't think he was trying to steal it, though.  He ran over to a park bench and started reading it.  Eventually, he left it on a picnic table before leaving the market.  My sim was able to put that copy back in inventory. One thing I'll note is that the books don't have prices on them.  Even the two that have been "published" did not have prices.  I still would like to try selling them at a retail store but the outlook isn't very promising.  Is it weird to say that I thought it was cool that sim wanted to read my sim's book so bad?? ;-)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 6 (1,242 Views)