I cannot use Corner Accent of Some Wall Patterns

by Flying_Pig7

Original Post

Highlighted

I cannot use Corner Accent of Some Wall Patterns

★★★★ Novice

Some wall patterns have corner accents, like in photo enclosed yellow on left. However, they only appear on edges, but i want to use them on non-edge parts, enclosed yellow on right. Is it possible to do that?

wall edge.jpg

Message 1 of 6 (3,035 Views)

Re: I cannot use Corner Accent of Some Wall Patterns

★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately now that these wallpapers are automatic there is no way to fix it without CC. I do believe there are ways to trick the wallpaper but I'm unsure what these tricks are.

It's incredibly annoying and I hate that they made them automatic Frown

Message 2 of 6 (3,014 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sad, Really annoying. 

Message 3 of 6 (2,963 Views)

★ Apprentice

These corners for building facades do not work well. I would like it to be set on the keyboard, e.g. a - borderless, b - border on the left, c - border on the right, d - border on both sides. Bottom and top slats could work similarly. Maybe they would do it in some update if a lot of people would write about it

Message 4 of 6 (2,915 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimHallgerd That's a really good idea! (I wish they would do something similar with stair rail placement too)
Message 5 of 6 (2,892 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Flying_Pig7 Those styling edges are intended for corners/certain edges of wall sections. I have sometimes gotten those corner areas on a wall covering to appear by either creating a wall or completed room inside that meets with that area/corner (depending on the type of corner it is) or pulling our or drawing out a section of the wall to create the type of corner that will create the edge I want. Just experiment around a bunch - hopefully you'll be able to get the effect you want, even if it requires some layout changes to get it to kick in. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 6 (2,872 Views)