Re: I can't see my old families saves anymore

by valearci33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't see my old families saves anymore

★★★ Apprentice

Hello. I hope someone can finally help me. I can't play with the sims 4 , finally I update it, but i can't see my old families, lots , saves anymore.
What I should do to see again my saves? I don't want to restart to place my families and my lots (that i can still see in my library), I just want to continue to play the sims 4 (the last time i played was in 2019). WHy my families disappeared? What i should do ? I can still see the saves in my electronic art folder, but even if i see all the saves, i can't see my families in the map anymore... please.. help... thanks...

Message 1 of 10 (780 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@valearci33 That sounds a lot like the directions on Crinrict's website. I hope it goes well, and I appreciate the update. Fingers crossed

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (715 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@valearci33 When you started your game again, I wonder if you went into a new game save without realizing it. Please carefully read Crinrict's wonderful article about Game Saves that has a lot of helpful information. There is also information on how to find and load a different Game Save. Hopefully this may be what the issue is and a quick solution for you: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/

Message 2 of 10 (759 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Thank you for the help... I will consult the guide. But I think i believe I didnt went in a "new game save" without realizing it. I remember I says to load the game.. some families returned back now. I remember what i did was to follow a webpage that says to delete the . sav (for example ) from the first slot Slot_00000002.sav I deleted the .sav extension and I put ".sav" in the one more old slot and since it was an old save (not too old), the families returned .
Message 3 of 10 (726 Views)

Champion

@valearci33 That sounds a lot like the directions on Crinrict's website. I hope it goes well, and I appreciate the update. Fingers crossed

Message 4 of 10 (716 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it works, now i can play with the old families, thanks a lot again for the help!

Standard smile

Edit: in the truth, some families were visible, and works, but some others wasn't working properly... and I could not play with them...

Message 5 of 10 (675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

hello, just some updates, i had troubles again, today this time, was Origin that had problems and I could not lauch the Sims4 in Origin. I called the support ea games center here in my country (Italy) and they help me to fix Origin, I had to follow a procedure: (I used google translator, as this message below was in Italian language):

To try to solve your problem, please kindly follow the steps below:

1. Clear the Origin internal cache

Make sure that Origin is completely closed by clicking on the Origin menu and selecting Exit.

Delete the following folders:

Origin - located in C: \ ProgramData \
Origin - located in C: \ Users \% username% \ AppData \ Local \
Origin - located in C: \ Users \% username \ AppData \ Roaming \

Here is a very useful link:
https://help.ea.com/it-it/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games

If at the end of this procedure you encounter further difficulties, I invite you to contact us to check how to proceed.

When it's done and I have to launch Origin,  (after the procedure above , I have to launch origin by Administrator permission (by click with second button of the mouse over the Origin's icons) and launch as Administrator permissions (this have to be done at least the first time that it's launched Origin again after the restore) and launch the Origin.

After this, they also told me, before launch the sims4, I have to re install the sims 4 again and after the folder new of the sims will be created, i have to put the files Saves of the old the sims 4 folder, inside the folder of the new Sims 4 again.
So, in details, I will go now  to copy the entire The sims 4 folder (that included also a folder called SAVES (The Sims 4 it's inside the EA Electronic Art folder) and after have the copy (a backup of the sims 4 folder ) in some other places, or on the desktop or a pen drive, etc  , then after copy,  now i can proceed to remove the sims 4 (from Origin. PS: . remember to launch Origin the first time as Administrator as I wrote before above) and install again the sims 4 and the few expansions i have, then put again the folder "Saves" that I saved in the Sims 4 backup folder, in the new folder The Sims 4 that will be created when i install again the Sims 4 .

I will try now... i hope it will works.. if there's some things I forgot I will edit here again... see later or in some days... depends on the time I have! Byee

Message 6 of 10 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@valearci33 Sounds great! I hope those specific cache clearing process help nicely in your case. Cache issues can cause a problem in a number of situations.(For instance, if you fix an issue and there are still some files in your cache that have the issue, those files may still make the issue appear in the game.)

Anyway, for future reference, there are a couple of great posts about clearing cache by Crinrict also:

Message 7 of 10 (624 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

thanks.. I'm afraid that I will keep to update.. when I was trying the procedure above... Windows 10 updated appear with a New (!) update... now... I thought it was better to update (again, sigh) windows before fix origin and the sims.. I launch the update... I waited long time... the connection keep to disconnect... now I m afraid with windows 10 version 2004 (the new one that it's Giving some troubles already), I'm afraid the thing will be more long than expected. I finished to download update.. it started to install... after 30 minutes, now it seems windows require again the update as if nothing it's been installed.. I will see what will happen next.

I wonder when I will be able to play the sims 4 again... 

see you tomorrow (in Italy it's night)... 

(continue)................. 

Message 8 of 10 (610 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok everything was done. It seems it works, but the families don't load as they was.. some missing hair or parts.. anyway.. better than nothing... .

Message 9 of 10 (564 Views)

Champion

@valearci33 Since you say the some of the Sims have missing hair, etc., I'm wondering if you have, or had in the past, Mods &/or CC (Custom Content)? If this is the case this, or cache from it, may be a cause of some issues. If this is the case, the way to test for this is as follows:

Please try the following in this order without skipping any steps, even if you’ve done some of these steps already:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any of your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old Resource.cfg file from the old Mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. If you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method

Message 10 of 10 (530 Views)