Re: I can't rotate the screen when in build mode

by super_frie12345

Original Post

I can't rotate the screen when in build mode

★★★ Newbie

I've just downloaded Sims 4 and jumped from Sims 2 to Sims 4.  How do you rotate counter tops?  How do you rotate the SCREEN to change the angle of your view?? Sims 4 doesn't work nearly as well as the older Sims versions.  Too clunky and not intuitive at ALL.  I hope there's a refund option since this software is terrible!  And is a bird's eye view even possible/??

Message 1 of 4 (38,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@sandrahurtte

If you don't like the camera settings, open options, and you can change to The Sims 3-camera. I prefer that so I always have that checked in my game. I think I rotate the screen by clicking the mouse wheel and dragging the mouse in a sideways direction, not sure if it works for the Sims 4-camera. But I think they put in the Sims 3-option for old sims-players, as it is easier if you are already comfortable with the old game-controls Wink 

You rotate objects by putting then down, still holding the button, and dragging the mouse in any direction. If you hold down ALT you can use free rotation (Sims 3 camera)

Message 2 of 4 (38,714 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z53-xzw6QW0  Try this video tutorial . It also has the info listed at the bottom for you to read. It also shows you how to change camera to Sims3 in settings, in case you don't know how. Happy Simming Wink

Message 3 of 4 (38,688 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@CMeki I get that but how do you change it so that you can use any button
Message 4 of 4 (17,960 Views)