Re: I can’t move my Sim’s wife in?

by jessicamic44

Original Post

I can’t move my Sim’s wife in?

★ Guide

It says I have no more room in household. Does this mean I need to remove my son?

Message 1 of 9 (3,743 Views)

Hero

@AmySupFan 

Depens on what kind of Sim she is. Is she a non playable character (NPC) that you found somewhere in the city, or another player's Sim?

Is the son a playable Sim or NPC?

How many NPCs do you have in your household?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 9 (3,714 Views)

★ Guide

She’s an NPC he found in town. I have 4 playable Sims and 5 non playable children. 

Message 3 of 9 (3,695 Views)

Hero
@AmySupFan Does she have a blue plumbob over her head?
Are they married?
I ask this because we can have up to eight NPCs in each house. If she is an NPC she would have automatically moved in to your household after the marriage and take the place on an NPC.

Message 4 of 9 (3,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

She has a blue plumbob and but I have 7 NPCs and yes they are married 

Message 5 of 9 (3,583 Views)

Hero

@AmySupFan 

Sims with blue plumbobs over their heads are playable Sims that belong to another player.

Here is what you need to do if you want to ask the player to let her move in to your household:

1. The relationship between Mila and Robert must reach level 8. At this level you can ask her to move in.
  2. You will need an empty playable Sim slot. Playable Sims remain playable when they move to another household. Therefore they need an empty slot.
  3. Send a request to the player. You will see the alternative on the list of tasks and relationship events. 
  4. Now you will have to wait for the other player to accept or maybe refuse your request. If they accept, you will get a notification and she will be able to move in. 

Message 6 of 9 (3,555 Views)

★ Guide

Oh. I did not know that. Well, I don’t have any empty spots, so I guess they have to remain married and living apart. I don’t want to kick my son out of the house. Maybe I can request them to move him in. This game is still very new to me. Thanks for your help. 

Message 7 of 9 (3,515 Views)

Hero
@AmySupFan Next time you can maybe try marrying one of your playable Sims to an NPC 😉 They move in automatically as NPCs right after the wedding and you can promote them to playable Sims whenever you like.

Message 8 of 9 (3,489 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had the same problem and am not able to marry NPC for some reason even when on romantic relationship level 10. Says I have no room to move some one in. Only have 1 sim in household.

Message 9 of 9 (3,246 Views)