I can't download sims 4 anymore

by Kcat1225

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't download sims 4 anymore

★★★ Novice

Hi. So I've been playing Sims 4 for a long time and I haven't had problems, but yesterday I tried to open Sims 4 and it wouldn't open at all. Nothing would pop up no matter how many times I clicked so I tried to open it through origin and origin wouldn't open either. So I decided to remove my mods and then I removed all my saves to start off fresh then when I tried to open origin, It would just all be white and then crash. I thought maybe I should just re-install them so I deleted both origin and Sims 4, and now that I'm trying to reinstall origin it won't work. I press the download button and nothing happens at all no matter how many times I've pressed it and I've tried everything I can and I don't know what to do now. Can someone please help me?

Message 1 of 15 (4,117 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't download sims 4 anymore

[ Edited ]

@Kcat1225  Please do a clean uninstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."  Let me know whether you can install Sims 4, and if not, whether you see an error.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (4,067 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi @Kcat1225 !  Ugh!  I'm so addicted to sims 4 I would die!  Okay, maybe half-joking.  This is just a stab in the dark but I'm wondering if your issue is related to the antivirus blocking issue in this thread...
[READ FIRST] Gallery Connection Troubleshooting/ Status of the Gallery - ONLINE - Answer HQ

Excerpt:

• Firewall or Antivirus are blocking the connection. Make sure to allow access Origin and The Sims 4 through your security software (please consult the manual of your software on how to do that).

It could be your AV updated and you just need to add exceptions for Origin and The Sims 4?  Maybe try some of the other suggestions by @crinrict to see if they'll resolve the issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 15 (4,113 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 Hi thank you for replying! Unfortunately, I just tried all of that and nothing changed
Message 3 of 15 (4,104 Views)

Champion

@Kcat1225 Oh no!  Are you on a Mac or PC?  Maybe try these threads?

❗️ Download error Origin is not able to download Sims 4 "DiP_STAGED" - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Origin - Troubleshoot Origin games that won't download, install, or load (ea.com)

Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 15 (4,099 Views)

@Kcat1225  When you try to reinstall Origin, what happens?  If you get an error message, please post a screenshot.  And let me know whether your computer runs Windows or macOS.

Message 5 of 15 (4,087 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I sorta fixed my problem. I tried to download Sims 4 and if I pressed the orange download button nothing would happen at all as if I didn't even click it. But I tried downloading origin by itself instead of Sims 4, and I think I downloaded it but now it won't open no matter how many times I press it. It doesn't show any pop-ups, my cursor just has that blue loading button and It disappears and origin never opens. That's the problem that caused me to delete everything in the first place. Also, my computer runs on windows.

Message 6 of 15 (4,080 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kcat1225  Please do a clean uninstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."  Let me know whether you can install Sims 4, and if not, whether you see an error.

Message 7 of 15 (4,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kcat1225 I have to say I'm confused by what's happening.  In your screengrab I see Origin is open.  I don't know why you would get the prompt to download or launch it when it's already running.  But it looks like you're on the right track.  Sometimes my sims 4 opens as a teeny tiny window.  Do you see anything like that on your system?  Maybe open task manager and see if the process is running?  Also, maybe click on the settings cogwheel button in Origin and tell us what options you have?

Edit: I didn't see the reply from @puzzlezaddict before adding this.  I'll bow out and let them take over.  Good luck!

Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 15 (4,065 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much! Origin is opening again and now sims 4 is installing so I hope it all works out. Also, this is unrelated but is it normal that my first message that I posted says that its posted yesterday? Or has it really been a day?
Message 9 of 15 (4,026 Views)

@Kcat1225  I'm glad to hear the game is downloading, at least.  Let me know if you have trouble playing.

This site runs by default on GMT, so "yesterday" means yesterday GMT.  The site does list the absolute time since a post up to an hour, but after that it'll say yesterday if applicable.  You can change the time zone by clicking on your username in the upper right corner of the screen and selecting Settings, then Preferences, but that will only apply when you're signed in.

Message 10 of 15 (4,016 Views)