Re: I bulldozed the original police station on the sims 4. How do I get it back?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

I bulldozed the original police station on the sims 4. How do I get it back?

★★ Novice

Message 1 of 9 (6,566 Views)

Re: I bulldozed the original police station on the sims 4. How do I get it back?

You can try starting a new game, saving the police station building to your library. Then go back to the game it's missing in, and putting it down. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (6,558 Views)

★★ Guide
  1. Rename "My Document\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" to "The Sims 4 - Backup"
  2. Re-Launch the sims 4 and join any sim to the Detective career.
  3. Hit F3 after lot loads then save the lot to your gallery - this will create templates in your Tray folder.
  4. Transfer the contents of the new Tray folder into the tray folder of your "The Sims 4 - Backup"
  5. Rename the new "The Sims 4" folder to "The Sims 4 - Default"
  6. Rename "The Sims 4 - Backup" to "The Sims 4"
  7. Launch The Sims 4 - you will find the police station in your gallery.
Message 3 of 9 (6,555 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanx for your response, I really appreciate it. The thing is that I bulldozed the original police station then build a new one with all the necessary equipment for it to function and it still didnt work. So, I uploaded a few from the gallery and none work either. i really would like the original police station back, the one that came with the game, but cant seem to find it anywhere. Its just an empty lot now. I was hoping I can just get the original one back. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 9 (6,554 Views)

★★ Guide

The exported lot data will contain all of the original references so if you follow those instructions, all functions will be restored. Let us know if you need detailed instructions.

Message 5 of 9 (6,550 Views)

Just start a new game, go to the police station like you did before, and edit it, save it to your library. 
Go to the game you bulldozed the police station in, go to the lot and place the police station from your library. 
It will take a day for the criminals to get back in to their cells, but it should get back in place. 
And that might also be the reason your attempts didn't work. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 9 (6,549 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. I will try that once I get home later today. Thanx again.

Message 7 of 9 (6,538 Views)

★ Novice

I cant figure out how to get it back on the lot? Because i cant see the lot when im in change world mode, and when my sim is on the police station lot, i cant place the original police station even though it is in my library?

Message 8 of 9 (6,014 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Go to Build mode while at the station. Click Gallery select it in your Library and click Place.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 9 (6,001 Views)