I am tired of how my sims always hates their jobs

by Eryyk5551

Original Post

I am tired of how my sims always hates their jobs

★★★ Newbie

Why doe my Sim always hate their job?  No matter how many times I change it, they hate it.  It gets old.

Message 1 of 30 (12,544 Views)

Re: I am tired of how my sims always hates their jobs

★★★ Newbie

I guess they just hate working, lmao

Message 2 of 30 (12,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Eryyk5551Does your sims have the lazy trait? That might be why.

Message 3 of 30 (12,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I’ve found that if I’m doing something else when my Sims go to work (like having my kids at a club gathering), the Sim will come home with a fear of a dead end job, even if they got promoted!  Okay, the two might not be related, but why are you coming home promoted and tense about your “dead end job”?

You keep using the term “dead end job.” I don’t think it means what you think it means!

I’m not changing their jobs. They have the jobs I want them to have. 

Message 4 of 30 (12,424 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have always thought that playing sims was so you could create what you want your story to be, your person, your family, your job, and so forth. I feel like I am playing what someone else wants me to play. I tried to turn off the wants and fears but they are still there. What do I need to do? I play console.

Message 5 of 30 (12,346 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Wsherrym  Do they reappear after traveling? There's a bug report for that. It looks like general "wants and fears not turning off" reports are there, too, but...

Message 6 of 30 (12,334 Views)

★ Novice

I'm currently having the same problem. I made a tech-smart person and they hate ALL JOBS I give them. I dunno why my sim both fears their dreams not being fulfilled and also fears a dead end job??? I'm on PC and I can't confirm if it's a glitch or not. Maybe a recent update? I only recently started replaying Sims 4 (Its been like 4 years for me) so I sadly can't offer more info. Hope there is a fix cause it feel like I don't even have control, which I thought was the whole point of the Sims.

Message 7 of 30 (12,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@LEM0NlE 

This is the new Wants and Fears system that was pushed out as part of the patch to support the High School Years expansion pack. The Fear of Unfulfilled Dreams is because her Wants aren't being fulfilled.There's a toggle to turn them off in game options, but it's, alas, BROKEN and they turn back on every time you go into CAS, load the game, etc. I'm just turning them off every time I see them at this point.

(You have to go into Game Options, and if the Wants and Fears are showing but they're toggled off you need to turn them on, apply, and then turn them off and hit apply again.)

Message 8 of 30 (12,124 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I really really REALLY hate how the "Regain Passion" action seems to have a fifty fifty or maybe even a one in three chance of succeeding and not having any other factors attached to weather or not it works. A handful of my sims have been stuck with this fear for days on end because of how fickle it is. Some times I will even have my Sim conquer there fear just to get it back a couple days later. It honesty makes me a bit angry when it happens. I end up spending so much of my attention trying top get my Sim back in a good way just so they stop loosing a ton of work performance. 

Fear of a Dead end job is probably the most intrusive and uninteresting thing in this whole game. There are days where I actually stop playing when this fear crops up because I starts to suck away my enjoyment.

Message 9 of 30 (12,031 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, same here. I made a sim based on a real hero of mine, and wanted them to live their sim life like the hero I represented, and had to change everything because of this... update? I changed their aspirations, and completed two of them. Still weren't happy. I gave them different jobs, and ones I gave them suited for their traits. I even got to rank 8 on a career, then they hated it, so they quit. Only to find that it did the same thing continuously. I'm really annoyed with that. 

Message 10 of 30 (11,319 Views)