by hollie1897

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How well will my laptop run sims 4??

★★ Novice

Hi all, 

I have recently purchased a

HP ENVY 13-aq0500sa 13.3" Intel® Core™ i5 Laptop - 256 GB SSD, Silver 

after my MacBook has broken, I played sims 2, 3 and 4 relatively well on my MacBook Air and wanted to know if this laptop would run sims 4 well, Here are the specs from the website; 

• Intel® Core™ i5-8265U Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 256 GB SSD
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 2 GB
  • Full HD touchscreen

any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m not technologically savvy! 

Message 1 of 6 (556 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How well will my laptop run sims 4??

@hollie1897  The hardware in that laptop should run Sims 4 on high settings without any trouble.  If you don't have the most demanding expansion packs (essentially all EPs starting with Cats & Dogs), you might be able to turn a few settings up to ultra.  Feel free to experiment a bit.

Just make sure the laptop can properly cool itself while you play.  Elevate it—get a laptop tray or put books under the corners or something—or use a cooling pad.  Excess heat will make the laptop throttle the hardware, which will lower performance.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (513 Views)

All Replies

@hollie1897  The hardware in that laptop should run Sims 4 on high settings without any trouble.  If you don't have the most demanding expansion packs (essentially all EPs starting with Cats & Dogs), you might be able to turn a few settings up to ultra.  Feel free to experiment a bit.

Just make sure the laptop can properly cool itself while you play.  Elevate it—get a laptop tray or put books under the corners or something—or use a cooling pad.  Excess heat will make the laptop throttle the hardware, which will lower performance.

Message 2 of 6 (514 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, it deeply depends on how much storage of game your computer can store in your files. Sims 4 is stored in files under Electronic Arts. 

Message 3 of 6 (501 Views)

★★ Novice

I have all the expansion packs will that effect it running on high settings? 

Okay, thank you for your reply and advice Standard smile 

Message 4 of 6 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hollie1897  You should still be fine on high settings, although again, be careful not to let it overheat.

@_North_South_148  Total storage has almost nothing to do with how well a computer runs a game.  As long as there's enough free storage, there shouldn't be any issues.  A 256 GB hard drive is large enough for Sims 4, and 20 GB free should prevent any problems.

Message 5 of 6 (488 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay thank you very much for your help! Standard smile 

Message 6 of 6 (469 Views)