Re: How to unlock Eco Lifestyle Smog-Vacuum?

by WiFiveLiving

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to unlock Eco Lifestyle Smog-Vacuum?

★★★ Novice

I'm having trouble unlocking the smog vacuum in Eco Lifestyle. I have reached level 10 in both branches of the Civil Designer career, and submitted countless eco-invention designs via the mailbox. Tried buying from buy mode (after entering bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheats) but my sims can't put it in their inventory. What am I doing wrong? How do I unlock this thing? I just want to unlock it so I can clean charred furniture and finally decorate my decrepit shack Frown

Message 1 of 19 (42,794 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I recently unlocked this item by submitting a ''modded'' eco-invention in the mailbox. So first you draft your eco-invention on the tablet, then you have to present the concept to another sim (you can find this by clicking ''more choices'' in the conversation bubble). By doing this there is a chance that this sim will recommend you to ''mod'' the concept to make it better. If by chance they do, then you can click on the draft in your inventory to ''mod'' it. This will make your concept much better and also it will increases the chance of unlocking some new cool fabrication items, including the smog vaccum which I did! The first time I modded my eco-draft I got the smog vaccum, but I'm not sure if you will unlock this on your first try. Hope this helps :-)

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (42,601 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I recently unlocked this item by submitting a ''modded'' eco-invention in the mailbox. So first you draft your eco-invention on the tablet, then you have to present the concept to another sim (you can find this by clicking ''more choices'' in the conversation bubble). By doing this there is a chance that this sim will recommend you to ''mod'' the concept to make it better. If by chance they do, then you can click on the draft in your inventory to ''mod'' it. This will make your concept much better and also it will increases the chance of unlocking some new cool fabrication items, including the smog vaccum which I did! The first time I modded my eco-draft I got the smog vaccum, but I'm not sure if you will unlock this on your first try. Hope this helps :-)

Message 2 of 19 (42,602 Views)

★★ Novice

If you sell the  furniture directly from the household inventory you'll get as new price and can buy the same items new as if you repaired. Just check  before selling.  Some items from dumpsters can't be bought 

Message 3 of 19 (42,418 Views)

★★ Novice

Not, gonna lie, I cheated through to find out if this was even possible. I've been hearing that it was, but I've yet to see ANYONE accomplish getting this thing. The thing is: you can't cheat your way into getting this object. Jumped a tester sim to level 10 of the Civil Designer career, Green Technician branch, and bumped her skills needed (Logic and Fabrication) to level 10 each but still did not have the plans for the Smog Vaccuum. Read some of the comments here and did what they said about drafting the eco-invention concept blueprint. When I asked other sims to check it out, it actually DECREASED the quality of the blueprint (went from Outstanding to Great). Stopped asking sims to check it and just kept creating them and eventually I ended up with a Perfect quality blueprint. Sent it off in the mail and was sent back the designs for the vaccuum. It really does let you repair burnt objects as good as new. Went dumpster diving and found a dining chair and a bench and repaired both for the cost of some pieces (banana peel symbol). Hope this helps. :D

Message 4 of 19 (41,058 Views)

★ Guide

Apparently obtaining the smog machine is far more difficult than everyone thought, I've had my one Sim make blueprints and such, but so far NOTHING is being unlocked, not even the smog vacuum, I tried using cheats but Sims cannot put it in their inventory when its on a surface of any kind, if this is a glitch, its a super annoying one. Even if you submit/mail a blueprint, it won't unlock anything and believe me I've tried COUNTLESS times already.

Message 5 of 19 (35,671 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I seemed to do better with my eco-invention designs with a higher Logic skill.  Once I had Level 10 Logic, my sim starting getting "perfect" design concepts and after submitting a few of the perfect ones I got awarded the Smog Vacuum. I forget what my career level was, but it wasn't close to being maxed out.

Message 6 of 19 (35,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just watch a EA GAMECHANGER (DrGluon/James Turner) buy the debug smog vacuum, drag it to the selling table, and then choose "clear table"... It will put it in your inventory. 

Message 7 of 19 (35,485 Views)

★★ Novice

The Debug Vacuum on the selling table worked for me just now. 

Message 8 of 19 (34,453 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Many Thanks this worked. Standard smile

Message 9 of 19 (29,580 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Kurliekatrina Forgive me is this sounds dumb, but I can't find a selling table. Thanks if you can give me the name to search for. New to this Eco Pack. :/
Message 10 of 19 (22,096 Views)