Re: How to undo HQ Mod?

by shxkha

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to undo HQ Mod?

★★★ Novice

Good evening,

I been trying to remove the hq mod from my sims software since my graphics have become grainy but I can't seem to remove it even tho i undid the changing the "2096" to "4092" part. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,251 Views)

Accepted Solution

@shxkha  Rebuying the game won't help, and you certainly shouldn't have to spend the money.  Where exactly does it show the HQ mod still present?  If it's when the game loads to the Main Menu, try moving your entire Mods folder to the desktop.  (Delete localthumbcache.package as well.)  If that doesn't help either, clear Origin's cache and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,186 Views)

All Replies

@shxkha  Did you edit the original graphicsrules.sgr in Program Files?  If so, all you need to do is repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  That will return graphicsrules to its original state, without any HQ edits.

If you made some other modification instead, please describe how you originally did it.

Message 2 of 7 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did do the graphics rules thing but after repairing rn it it still shows as "4096" under veryhigh$ which is what was there for the hq mod that I did. I didn't do other mods besides installing the base game stuff (to be compatible with hq mod). 

Message 3 of 7 (1,226 Views)

@shxkha  Did you modify graphicsrules in Program Files (or Package Contents on a Mac), or did you add a second copy of graphicsrules to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ConfigOverride?  If it's the second, just delete the copy in ConfigOverride.  If it's the first, try moving graphicsrules to the desktop; if you get a second copy on the desktop but the original stays in Program Files, delete the one in Program Files.  Then repair again.

Message 4 of 7 (1,207 Views)

★★★ Novice

I deleted the graphicsrules from my documents>electronic arts>the sims 4> it wasn't in a folder just right on top of the mods folder. Idk why the game still shows the HQ mod tho. I think I also had copy and pasted the original code without the 4096 modification and placed that copied file into configoverride (which was an empty file before) and still shows the mod. Maybe i should just re-buy the game or something?

Message 5 of 7 (1,196 Views)

@shxkha  Rebuying the game won't help, and you certainly shouldn't have to spend the money.  Where exactly does it show the HQ mod still present?  If it's when the game loads to the Main Menu, try moving your entire Mods folder to the desktop.  (Delete localthumbcache.package as well.)  If that doesn't help either, clear Origin's cache and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 6 of 7 (1,187 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I did that and the HQ mod was in my game because I didn't remove the mod from the actual mod folder. My bad! Silly mistake lol I appreciate the help! Thx

Message 7 of 7 (1,179 Views)