How to tutor in The Sims 4

by SnuggleCuddles93

Original Post

How to tutor in The Sims 4

★★★★ Novice

My Sim is level 10 in piano, guitar and violin, and she still can't tutor others, which means I can't get the musical genius aspiration.

The only suggestion I've seen to the problem involved disabling antivirus (and anything non-microsoft). I am NOT going to disable my antivirus just to play a game, so please, if anyone knows a way to fix this, help me :/

Message 1 of 19 (55,501 Views)

Re: How to tutor in The Sims 4

★★★★ Guide

You got the skill level and that's great, but you still have to buy tutoring reward trait (open aspirations screen, click on what looks like a present, above the star).

Message 2 of 19 (55,470 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have to buy the trait, too? In the description, it only says it makes the Sim able to tutor quicker. And there was a pop-up message when she got to level 10 saying she would be able to teach others now. Though I wasn't able to install the game in English, and the Norwegian version can be.. interesting. I guess I'll try anyway. Thanks.

Message 3 of 19 (55,466 Views)

★★★★ Guide

English description says:

Once Mentors reach Level 10 in certain skills, the Mentor interaction becomes available and they can help other Sims improve their skills even more quickly!

The screenshot:

http://s8.postimg.org/xdzgwcww5/mentor.jpg

Message 4 of 19 (55,460 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, so, um.. No. Getting the tutoring reward trait doesn't change anything. There is still no tutoring option available, neither with children nor adults. I have only tested with Sims within her family, though, but I doubt there would be any difference with non-related Sims.

Message 5 of 19 (55,459 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, exactly, they can help Sims improve skills more quickly, but this implies that the tutoring skill should have already been available. And either way, the reward trait doesn't change anything for me, as I just wrote. Have you actually tested this? As in not having been able to tutor, then getting the opportunity once you got the trait?

Message 6 of 19 (55,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

"The interaction becomes available" - with the reward trait. So you need it. Forget the more quickly part, it's just a description what the interaction does, it doesn't say how to get the interaction.

Now, you have a sim with piano level 10? And with Mentor trait?

Send someone else to play/practice on piano. After that one starts playing the piano, select the Mentor sim, click on the practicioner and the mentor "baloon" should appear.

Screenshot example:

http://s30.postimg.org/igk0604qp/mentor2.jpg

Message 7 of 19 (55,454 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Already tried. I've done absolutely anything I could think of, and there is still no option for tutor/mentor. This is a problem with the game that I'm trying to find help to solve, not a problem with me being too stupid to understand the game.

Message 8 of 19 (55,451 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Well I've posted it because I didn't have the interaction until I bought the mentor reward.

Sorry if it doesn't work on your side, can't help with it.

Message 9 of 19 (55,448 Views)

Hero

Here's a discussion on the issue: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21304.0

It could just be a bug.

Do you have the Sim you want to mentor already engaged in the interaction you want to mentor in ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (55,439 Views)