How to turn off strangerville story line.

by Sleepysimso

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to turn off strangerville story line.

★★★★★ Novice

Hi so I purchased strangerville on launch day and I completed the story but I wanted to make a new save to live in the town but the story started again and we were told we could turn it off once we completed the story but I. Can't figure how to do that. 

Message 1 of 8 (53,428 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to turn off strangerville story line.

Hero
Yup, that is what I mean.

You have a few infected Sims the small plants when you start a new game (=minimal story mode). If you want the plants and infected Sims removed, you need to play it or use the mod/cheats.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (53,403 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Sleepysimso 

I don't know where you read that you can turn it off. You have to play through it in order to turn it off .. unless you use cheats.

These cheats are disabled though so you'll need a mod to enable them first.

Here are the cheats: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/strangecheats

To find the mod, google TwistedMexis cheat fix.

If you don't engage in the story, you will see a few infected Sims around town and the plants but it won't go further than that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (53,420 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response @crinrict

I have played the storyline through and finished it completely but u go to make a new save and it starts again.

This is the tweet I seen. 

Message 3 of 8 (53,419 Views)

Hero
Yup, that is what I mean.

You have a few infected Sims the small plants when you start a new game (=minimal story mode). If you want the plants and infected Sims removed, you need to play it or use the mod/cheats.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (53,404 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hi. what does 'start a new game' mean? the person who posted said they were going to make 'a new save'.  i don't understand. what i mean is that if you complete the mystery then the town/neighborhood is safe and like in all of the other normal worlds.  right?  thank you.

Message 5 of 8 (16,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Hi, @kiku72,

You can have multiple save files. I probably have 20, although I only regularly play with 4 or so.

If you pick "start a new game" or whatever, everything is set back to the way it was when the game starts (including Strangerville) and you can create new households and move into new homes and start that new Sim struggle all over again. This is "starting a new game" or "starting a new save." What you do in this save doesn't affect anything in any other saves, which makes it great for experimenting, or just because you have a cool new idea or challenge you want to play. That said, it's a reset and Strangerville will be strange again, Sulani will have trash again, your neighborhood eco footprints will go back to default, any buildings you added to your other save won't be there...

You can also create a new played household in an existing file, by leaving the family you're playing now and playing either one of the prebuilt households or a new household that you create. You can then switch back and forth between the multiple households (this is called "rotational playing," but you don't have to play them all the same amount of time unless you feel like it). (You could also just abandon the first family and play your new family instead, but I never do that, LOL!) This is handy if you're playing out a story where neighbor Sims have a relationship that grows slowly over time, or if you move out your grown children and want to play each of them equally, or if you just have multiple households you want to play. What you do in the world does affect other households, in that when you're playing in one household you can shop in the other household's retail store, or ask someone in the other household on a date, or see your other Sims who are in the medical field at the hospital when you're there to have a baby.  Also the Strangerville mystery will remain solved if you complete it, green neighborhoods will stay green, Sulani will stay improved, etc. What your other households do as NPCs might not "stay"--they don't keep retail items they buy as NPCs and don't have the diseases they were treated for at the hospital when you rotate in--but if you fill the romance bar with a Sim in another household, when you rotate into that other household they will have that full romance bar. They'll also have gained skills from activities they did as NPCs (like, if they're in the fitness club). There are a few quirks to this play style--age only active household (or your Sims might age up before you get back to them), choose a time of day to change households because if you do it in the middle of the day they're all missing work and school, it's a thing, stay with your university students until they're done--but I love playing this way!

I hope that helps!

Message 6 of 8 (16,201 Views)

★★★★ Novice

omg.  thank you so much.  your comments are invaluable.  as i understand it, if i were to choose 'new game' then i would have to start from scratch.  righteeo?  i'll keep trying/playing since i'm new to the sims 4 and have never played 'rotational' style playing.  it might be something i'll look into in the future when my sims family gets more involved with each other and the worlds in which they live in.  happy playing and thank you again. 💮

Message 7 of 8 (16,177 Views)

Community Manager
Great Stuff! Sounds like it was all sorted. If it continues for you @kiku72, pop open a new thread and add a bit more information. We'll close this thread out here in the meantime to limit necroposting.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (16,148 Views)