How to retire sims in sims mobile 2019

by whackywhippet234

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to retire sims in sims mobile 2019

I love this new update and i like how they changed how retirement works but when u want to retire sims, how do u do it now? Do we wait for a notification?

Message 1 of 12 (1,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to retire sims in sims mobile 2019

I'm not 100% sure because I haven't retired any sims since the update, but I think the proceedure is like this:

1. Use one active sim to click on the sim you'd like to retire.

2. A birthday cake icon will appear at the bottom left-hand corner, under the two sims.

3. Click on the birthday cake and confirm your desire to retire.

Note, both sims must be idle; that is, they cannot be busy with a task or activity at the time of retirement. 

If anyone else can confirm this info, or has anything to add, please do so. I'll add a pic or two when I'm able. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (1,488 Views)

All Replies

I'm not 100% sure because I haven't retired any sims since the update, but I think the proceedure is like this:

1. Use one active sim to click on the sim you'd like to retire.

2. A birthday cake icon will appear at the bottom left-hand corner, under the two sims.

3. Click on the birthday cake and confirm your desire to retire.

Note, both sims must be idle; that is, they cannot be busy with a task or activity at the time of retirement. 

If anyone else can confirm this info, or has anything to add, please do so. I'll add a pic or two when I'm able. 

Message 2 of 12 (1,489 Views)

Yep, and if you decline the retirement you should be able to find it in the traits menu. 

Screenshot_20190228-024956_The Sims.jpg

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 12 (1,482 Views)

I haven't seen it yet or any birhday cake icons but there is this one icon over this one sim that won't go away.

Message 4 of 12 (1,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I can confirm that a birthday cake symbol appears on top of a sim ready to retire. This happened earlier today to one of my oldest sims.I've been playing him for a couple of months now (obviously a favorite of mine & my friends as well --- he gets lots of stickers almost all the time

What happens is, once you tap the birthday cake, it will give you the retirement message with the choice to retire now or not. 

This is an improvement compared to before. The appearing symbol helps a lot coz we no longer tap unexpectedly resulting into retiring sims we still want around. Good job EA!

20190303_194007.jpg

Message 5 of 12 (1,448 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@whackywhippet234 

If you tap that family icon on top of the sim, if I remember correctly, that will give you an opportunity to play a teaching moment task with that sim. Once finished, it will reward you a green life ticket.

Message 6 of 12 (1,446 Views)

@dissenterjasmine i just saw the cake icon today. 

Message 7 of 12 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dissenterjasmine you're correct but the sim in question is their child. And when i click on that, only normal events come up.

Message 8 of 12 (1,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@whackywhippet234 Yes, it's usually your sims' children who gets that symbol. If there isn't a teaching moment pop up then it might be a bug. Better report to EA thru in-game help.

Message 9 of 12 (1,408 Views)

[ Edited ]

@dissenterjasmine  ok, i know what u mean now but their "child" is an adult now, so that pop up shouldn't appear for them. Its normally only babies, toddlers, children and elders that have that symbol above their heads. Unless they changed it. But i didn't have an option to do any special events, only normal ones u would get for just talking to them.

Message 10 of 12 (1,375 Views)