How to restore an only world?

by psusenas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to restore an only world?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello,

Are there any way to reset a world without restarting a saved game?

I need to restore Granity Falls because certain wild plants have disappeared (specifically, Huckleberry Wild plants), and without them, my sims can't achieve the "Outdoor Enthusiast" aspiration.

What can I do to force that plants to grow? Or to restore only that world?

Thank you all.

Message 1 of 9 (1,126 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to restore an only world?

Hero

@psusenas 

I've had a similar thing happen in my game.  After installing Seasons, ALL of the wild plants in the Granite Falls State Park disappeared in the entire zone for quite a while (As in several RL months) in my main save.  When it happened, I was hovering over a Fireleaf plant waiting until 5 AM to harvest and it disappeared right in front of me.  Checking the rest of the zone and they were all just gone.  Some of the ones in the Dark Woods (Hermit House) zone also disappeared (the mushrooms not in the planters).  The ones in the Dark Woods would come back if you stayed overnight for two nights.  First day the plant came back and then they bore fruit on the second.  In the Park zone, they didn't grow back for a long time.  No pile of dirt or anything.  So there were 3 plants that I couldn't get.  I made several vacations there and they weren't there but they eventually did grow back.  I'm not exactly sure what I did that brought them back but I first noticed that they had returned when I came back to that zone from the Dark Woods through the briar portal rather than traveling by phone.  I also may have deleted my localthumbcache file which seems to fix a lot of odd behavior in my game.  So you can try those things to see if it helps.  AS @RandomBuzziness says, camping in that zone seems to help a lot.  Btw, only one of the berry plants grows at the Hermit's House in a planter.  I can't remember if it is Huckleberry or Muckleberry but both grow in the Park zone so you should be able to find the one you are missing there.

Another thing is that since installing Eco Lifestyle, I have caught sims, both NPC and playable, autonomously weeding and removing wild plants everywhere including Granite Falls.  Several of them are near the NPC spawn points and seem to get wiped out a lot.  Those plants do come back the next day and then it takes another day for them to bear.  So it just takes waiting on them.  

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (1,028 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@psusenas Do you have the Seasons pack? I think Huckleberry plants can only be found in summer and fall. You can check to see if anyone on The Gallery has a room with Huckleberry plants that you could place and harvest.

Good luck, I hope this helps :D

EDIT: I just did a quick check on The Gallery and yeah there are lots of rooms with harvestable huckleberry plants (including some from my favorite builders Heart). You have all sorts of options there. You could download one of those rooms, move the plant to wherever you want it, and then delete the room. If you are playing with Seasons you'll have to place the plant indoors or in a sheltered spot if it is currently not summer or fall in your game.

Message 2 of 9 (1,111 Views)

★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness I greatly appreciate your quickly answer, though what I need is not the plant itself, but the wild plant to harvest that fruit unidentified, That way, my sim could identify it and fulfill their milestone.
Message 3 of 9 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Guide
@psusenas Did it disappear as in it's just in its sprouting stage? Or did they disappear from your game and there's no huckleberry plants at all? 😯

If it's the former, and if you don't mind using cheats, you can type in testingcheats true (or testingcheats on if "true" doesn't work), shift-click the plant and then choose "Set Growth State" (or something like that) and set it to Mature. 😉

If it's not the former, then I have no idea how to help. 😕 Sorry! 😅

Also I'm on console (Xbox) and I've read about shift-clicking objects with cheats on, so if you're on Mac I think I read it was CMD (or whatever the key is) then click or whatever. I don't remember.
Message 4 of 9 (1,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@psusenas From the pic it looks like you do have Seasons and it's currently summer in your game. I can't tell if it's very early in summer and the huckleberry plants haven't had time to grow yet? Usually you have to be in the area before 5 am if you want plants to be harvestable for that day. Are you using a tent to stay overnight in the Forest area? It's currently fall in my game. I've been working on spellcasters so I haven't been to Granite Falls yet this season. I'll give it a try in my game to see how it looks. You might have to spend a certain amount of time in the Forest for the plants to have time to grow, even more than just overnight. I always take a tent when trying to collect the wild plants and bugs and I just have my Sim stay in the Forest for their entire vacation.

Are you on PC or Mac? If you are on PC then you could try repairing your game through Origin in case there was some kind of glitch with your OR pack.

I don't know of any way to reset just one world without starting a new save. You might be able to replace the wild plants using Twisted Mexi's TOOL mod. I'll ask around about that one.

EDIT: I found an older save where it was still summer in my game. I went to Granite Falls on day 6 of 28 of summer (I use the long seasons) and all of the plants in the Forest area were already fully grown, but most of them did not have any harvestables. I had my Sim sleep overnight there in her tent so she would be in the area at 5 am the next morning & after spending the night all of the plants in the Forest had harvestables, There were several huckleberry plants near the cabin and my Sim was able to harvest all of them. Later that day I had her travel to the Hermit's house and set up her tent to stay there overnight. The next morning there were harvestable huckleberries right there in the Hermit's garden. The garden did not appear to have the plants in the same setup as in your pic, so there must be some randomness to it.

Message 5 of 9 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Oh I didn't notice the OP put a picture. My bad, lol! 😆 Usually I do notice, so I'll have to pay attention to that. ☺️
Message 6 of 9 (1,054 Views)

Hero

@psusenas 

I've had a similar thing happen in my game.  After installing Seasons, ALL of the wild plants in the Granite Falls State Park disappeared in the entire zone for quite a while (As in several RL months) in my main save.  When it happened, I was hovering over a Fireleaf plant waiting until 5 AM to harvest and it disappeared right in front of me.  Checking the rest of the zone and they were all just gone.  Some of the ones in the Dark Woods (Hermit House) zone also disappeared (the mushrooms not in the planters).  The ones in the Dark Woods would come back if you stayed overnight for two nights.  First day the plant came back and then they bore fruit on the second.  In the Park zone, they didn't grow back for a long time.  No pile of dirt or anything.  So there were 3 plants that I couldn't get.  I made several vacations there and they weren't there but they eventually did grow back.  I'm not exactly sure what I did that brought them back but I first noticed that they had returned when I came back to that zone from the Dark Woods through the briar portal rather than traveling by phone.  I also may have deleted my localthumbcache file which seems to fix a lot of odd behavior in my game.  So you can try those things to see if it helps.  AS @RandomBuzziness says, camping in that zone seems to help a lot.  Btw, only one of the berry plants grows at the Hermit's House in a planter.  I can't remember if it is Huckleberry or Muckleberry but both grow in the Park zone so you should be able to find the one you are missing there.

Another thing is that since installing Eco Lifestyle, I have caught sims, both NPC and playable, autonomously weeding and removing wild plants everywhere including Granite Falls.  Several of them are near the NPC spawn points and seem to get wiped out a lot.  Those plants do come back the next day and then it takes another day for them to bear.  So it just takes waiting on them.  

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 9 (1,029 Views)

★ Guide
@CGrant56 @RandomBuzziness @AprilTheSimmer96 I’m really grateful for your suggestions. Some of them have brought me back hope.
My problem is what CGrant56 said about disappearance of Huckleberry bushes, while the others bear normally. All my greener shrubs give just Muckleberries. (I attach a photo, all bush of that kind are Muckleberries)
I play at PC and I’ve been going several times to the Woods, even at night before 5 am, when fruits are harvestable, although I haven’t stayed there for more than one night in a row. I’ve repaired my game last weekend. The idea of TOOL mod seems interesting, but I need to spread wild bushes, not just identified Huckleberries.
Following your advice, I’ve just deleted the localthumbcache file, and I’m going to do what RandomBuzziness has said about camping in the Dark Woods for a few days and nights, to see if the missing bushes reappear. I hope one morning, when my sim wakes up in their tent, they find the desired shrubs.
Thank you all.
Message 8 of 9 (1,019 Views)

★ Guide

Eureka!!! I did it!!!

Lastly, I had to remove myself all wild plants from the Woods of Granite Falls and stay there for three sim-days. The bushes sprouted, and a day after at 5 am they had borne the whole variety of fruits: Huckleberry, Muckleberry, Fireleaves, Poison Fireleaves,…

Thus, I could eventually accomplish the Outdoor Aspiration.

I’m GLAD!!!!!!!

@CGrant56
 @RandomBuzziness @AprilTheSimmer96

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Message 9 of 9 (969 Views)