Re: How to report someone

by BlueJayy93

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @aliceranaway I tested it there and it is working for me.

If you are seeing issues with it then I would recommend trying a different browser to see if you have the same issue.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 11 of 19 (885 Views)

★ Guide

Still broken, guys, and when I tried to report several of them via a thread, it was deleted.  Not helping.

Message 12 of 19 (669 Views)

★★ Apprentice

so does this mean that sites like THE SIMS RESOURCE is not doing things right? because I've been paying for membership to have access to All CC on that site for months...I didn't know they couldn't charge for mods and custom content....am i understanding this correctly?

Message 13 of 19 (648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

No, as I know if you have a membership with the sims resource you get a ad-free experience, don’t need to wait for your download and have access 14 days early as a member which does not have a subscription.

The problem is normally only CC/Mod-Creator which have her content under other sites. Normally they don’t release her content for free after 2-3 Weeks. 

Message 14 of 19 (622 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@MissNOFX 

There are mod/cc creators who have their stuff behind a paywall forever. “Pay $5 a month for ____.” 

So, you know. Some people give their stuff away, with or without a Patreon or tip jar. Some say “get early access if you support me.” And some just never ever release the thing for free.

It’s the last group that is against the rules, if I understand correctly.

Honestly, I’m not tempted by early access. I don’t want to beta test a mod. I have tossed donations to modders whose work I like, though.

Message 15 of 19 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No. The Sims Resource offer early access to players via a subscription service, on the condition that those Mods/CC are then released to everyone else on the site within a set time frame. Which they always are.

Message 16 of 19 (590 Views)

★ Novice

I like the fact that we cannot report still. I've switched browsers to try to get it to work and nothing loads after sending the report and "waiting on page". Some creators are milking the Sims 4b game with their CC behind permanent paywalls, yet we cannot report them. I support creators' early release periods and the work they do, but not permanent profits for content that wouldn't even exist if not for the game.

Message 17 of 19 (426 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I'm also having trouble reporting a creator who has paywall blocked all of their cc on Patreon. The contact EA form doesn't have the selections specific to this situation. EA's report players page is also not useable for this problem. 

Thanks!

Message 18 of 19 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting. 

In the future you can report incidents like these to us for review by following these steps:

• Click Contact Us from any page on EA Help. (We recommend logging in to your EA Account)
  • Select The Sims 4. If needed, use the search bar to find the game.
  • Select your Platform.
  • For Topic, select Report concerns or harassment
  • For Issue, choose Report website.

If you are running into further issues with sims 4 use the following links depending on your platform: PC | MAC | Console | Bug Reports | Mod Issues

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 19 of 19 (295 Views)