Re: How to relock CAS items?

by Aelynsims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to relock CAS items?

★★ Apprentice

Sometimes when I download a sim that someone else has created and uploaded to the gallery, that sim will have all of the hidden/locked CAS items unlocked, which will unlock them for the whole household. I find it really frustrating because I like the challenge of unlocking items. Currently, earning items through gameplay is meaningless for me because they're all unlocked already.

This doesn't happen every time I download a sim from the gallery, so I'm assuming it happens because the original creator unlocked all the CAS items using a cheat?

Does anyone know how to fix this problem and relock the CAS items for a household?

Message 1 of 3 (1,012 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Aelynsims  The sims that count as active household is the ones that get access to any unlocked items one sim brings into the household. When a sim is moved out from the active household they are removed from it, and its perks. So you could try to Split from household and move out the sim you actually want to play and that you don't want to have the unlocked items for free; while staying with the other sims as an active household. Then load the moved out sim, wherever you placed them, and see if they still have access to the items. I really hope I explained this in a way you can understand it, otherwise please ask again.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (972 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Aelynsims  The sims that count as active household is the ones that get access to any unlocked items one sim brings into the household. When a sim is moved out from the active household they are removed from it, and its perks. So you could try to Split from household and move out the sim you actually want to play and that you don't want to have the unlocked items for free; while staying with the other sims as an active household. Then load the moved out sim, wherever you placed them, and see if they still have access to the items. I really hope I explained this in a way you can understand it, otherwise please ask again.

Message 2 of 3 (973 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@DonroaAkashu This worked, thank you so much!

I moved my sim out of the household in Manage Worlds and (in their new household) the CAS items were locked again. Obviously, this doesn't work if you're moving the entire household as they just bring the unlocked CAS items perk with them, but you can easily create a random sim in the household to leave behind so the perk doesn't move with the household members you want to keep.

Message 3 of 3 (960 Views)