How to move sims to university dorms?

by meriGiggles

Original Post

How to move sims to university dorms?

★★ Novice

Hi!

I moved Fletcher out of his dorm because I wanted to renovate the lot, but now the game won't let me move him back.

Does anyone know if there's a cheat that would let me move him in without having go through the whole uni process in live/game mode?

Message 1 of 11 (80,415 Views)

Re: How to move sims to university dorms?

★ Apprentice

hi, 

from what I know, you just can't move into a dorm during a semester. Just wait till the end and then try.

Just my advice, If you wanna renovate the dorm, instead of moving your sim out just use bb.enablefreebuild cheat. it's much easier 

Message 2 of 11 (80,306 Views)

★★ Novice

I know you asked this a while ago, so this is more for anybody else who made the same mistake we did: If you saved your game recently just recover your save file from the main menu and save yourself the time of waiting until the next term and re applying.

Have fun playing everyone <3

Message 3 of 11 (69,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All you need to do is drop out it tells you to move out then you go back ( orignal home) then you just choose a different dorm

Message 4 of 11 (64,487 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still couldn't get it to work correctly..

Message 5 of 11 (59,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry but you need to start over through the enrollment. Yeah, so disappointing.

I tried changing the venue from university housing to residential in order to move my displaced sim student and plan to change it back to university housing again. And the only choices left for changing the venue are residential, tiny home r., and haunted house r.

Message 6 of 11 (52,542 Views)

★★ Guide

In the future if you wish to edit university dorms which have sims living in them, open the cheats bar and enter "testingcheats true" and then press enter, and then type "bb. enablefreebuild". This should allow you to edit lots you are not usually able to edit, including university dorms. 

As for Fletcher, you cannot move a sim when they have started a semester. To get Fletcher back into the dorm, you will have to place him on another lot and play him, manually enrolling him back in university. Since Fletcher is on probation when you first play him, that may add an issue to re-enrolling him.

Message 7 of 11 (52,512 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Message 8 of 11 (47,604 Views)

★ Novice
@meriGiggles What cheat codee!!??
Message 9 of 11 (18,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to enable cheats. Shift click my sim. Choose pack cheats > expansion packs > university > university debug menu > enroll in university. 
This will allow you to choose the school, housing, degree, etc. 

I was wanting to grab some things from home after I had already moved. So I quickly added my sim to their household and it all went downhill from there. I wasn’t allowed to move back without enrolling. I didn’t want to get the bad effect of dropping out either. This worked great. I also moved out fletcher and was able to move him back in. I added him to my family. Did the cheat and the deleted him from family front the shift click menu. Hes now my roomate. Standard smile 

Message 10 of 11 (4,402 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help