Re: How to get heirloom display case?

by rotflol888

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

even tho they are all cute. i rather not put them on my lot. it takes up space, & to me, all sim houses looked similar because of this masive shelf 😅 plus i already got my item limit 😤 i had to remove a lot of plants/decors/doors/windows ..but i read somewhere here that you have to put your heirlooms on your lot or else they "might" disappear from storage.. idk.. is this possible? ..so i did just that. and my item limit is back 😭

Message 11 of 16 (397 Views)

Hero

@rotflol888 my heirlooms have been in inventory for a long time and none of them have disappeared. I prefer to display hobby or career items. Also party items. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 12 of 16 (384 Views)

★★★ Pro

@SalixCat if you use the heirloom display case and fill it up, does it take a lot less space than if you were to display out heirlooms?

Message 13 of 16 (369 Views)

Hero

@givememore86 it would take less physical space to put them in the display than to have them on the floor or over counters and tables all over the place, but what about item limit? 

I try to avoid it. Therefore all heirlooms are in inventory. After all it's a question of what you like and how you want to play Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 14 of 16 (361 Views)

★★★ Pro

@SalixCat thank you, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. I just happened to use the heirloom case, to get most of the heirlooms out of the way when I was trying to fix my house. I haven't hit item limit, but I wanted to be able to look at my storage a little bit better. 😍

Message 15 of 16 (356 Views)

★★★ Guide

During some weeks last year when there was a lot of glitches in the game, I lost one of my career heirlooms, and I got the advice always to keep them on display to make sure this loss would not happen again. Can’t remember who said this. It would be nice to know if this is unnecessary, because even though some of the heirlooms are rather cute, well, there are other things that are cuter 😊 Does anyone know which one of the EA gurus we could ask?

Btw: 3 display cases is not enough to carry all trait heirlooms (I keep only one for each trait) and career heirlooms. So I still need to use some table and floor space. It gets messy after a while.

(PS: I got the lost heirloom back, after asking ea support for help, so no harm done.)

Message 16 of 16 (291 Views)