How to get both sides of an alien of the gallery

by AL40491

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to get both sides of an alien of the gallery

★★★ Apprentice

So I’m pretty bad at making sims and I wanted to make an alien, but I can’t figure out how to get 2 different Sims off the gallery for both sides of the alien (like the disguise and normal form of the alien). I can either get the disguise as a human Sim that I like from the gallery and use MCCC to turn them into an alien then edit the alien side, or find an alien that I like of the gallery and have to edit the disguise. (Kinda confusing but I hope you get what I mean) Is there any mods or cheats I could use to have both sides of the alien from two different gallery creations?

Message 1 of 11 (4,106 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to get both sides of an alien of the gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Trismagistos

Well, it kinda worked.

The copy and paste worked okay. The "unlink" option isn't available for aliens however. Must be only mermaids and/or vampires.

It copied the alien look just fine, everything, looked exactly the same. Every time I pasted the "disguised" look, it looked perfect until I removed the disguise and put it back on, then they looked different. Not sure what's going on there. I think it's a bug with there being no "unlink" option.

I tried it several different ways, pasting the disguised look won't stick. It keeps the outfits and hair, but the face changes. You can then modify in CAS and adjust them manually, and that sticks just fine.

This is the best I can come up with:

Download the sim with the "alien" look you like.

Switch to disguised look.

MCCC-MC CAS-Copy/Paste-Paste Tray Sim (select the human to copy) Paste now

Switch to alien look

The sim's disguised will look different.  You can then use MCCC to take them into CAS and adjust the disguised look manually.

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (4,038 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@AL40491 I think the proces of merging these two Sims in not possible the way you suggest it.
The only thing I can think of is taking both types of Sim and bringing them into one household. Than you might try to create one or more children using genes from both sims and check if the result is to your liking.
May be you need a couple of trials and errors and may be some adjustments in the proces. But i would give it a try.
It is really nice to play with genes 😎
Have fun playing 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 11 (4,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@AL40491I never considered that.

I'm not sure if it's possible. You MIGHT be able to do it with MCCC. MCCC has the ability to "copy" the looks of one sim in your library and "paste" it on a sim in live mode, or even copy one sim in live mode and paste it on another. I'm just not sure if you "copy" and "paste" on an alien if it only pastes the active look or both that and the disguised.

Can't hurt to try it and find out, right?

Just make sure to "unlink" the two sides in CAS before you copy and paste though.

Message 3 of 11 (4,077 Views)

Champion
@Psychotps I tried such a move with MCCC before. But I still ended up adjusting the Sims. It will only copy one part of the Sim. It won't copy the disguise. At least not in my attempts. But I am not sure if I unlinked the two sides in CAS.

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 11 (4,069 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Trismagistos Geez, see... now I'm gonna have to try it... Standard smile
Message 5 of 11 (4,049 Views)

Champion
@Psychotps I will also give it a go again. Lets see.🤞

Let op:

Message 6 of 11 (4,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Trismagistos

Well, it kinda worked.

The copy and paste worked okay. The "unlink" option isn't available for aliens however. Must be only mermaids and/or vampires.

It copied the alien look just fine, everything, looked exactly the same. Every time I pasted the "disguised" look, it looked perfect until I removed the disguise and put it back on, then they looked different. Not sure what's going on there. I think it's a bug with there being no "unlink" option.

I tried it several different ways, pasting the disguised look won't stick. It keeps the outfits and hair, but the face changes. You can then modify in CAS and adjust them manually, and that sticks just fine.

This is the best I can come up with:

Download the sim with the "alien" look you like.

MCCC-MC CAS-Copy/Paste-Paste Tray Sim (select the human to copy) Paste now

Switch to alien look

The sim's disguised will look different.  You can then use MCCC to take them into CAS and adjust the disguised look manually.

Message 7 of 11 (4,039 Views)

Champion
@Psychotps I managed to do it too. Works perfect for me.

It took some work and some final adjustments after copying both parts of the Sims (the alien and the disguise) and at the end I still had to tinker a bit with the hair, eyes and pupils of both. But I have to grant it to you. It worked fine for me.

But the question remains if will it also work for you @AL40491. So please follow the instructions that Pychotps (great work by the way) gave. And when necessary do some final adjustments.

Have fun playing 😉

Let op:

Message 8 of 11 (4,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Trismagistos 

This is how mine came out. Shoulders are wider, eyes, skin, lips are wrong. Needs touching up, but it's ok I guess. It looked perfect before I removed the disguise and put it back on. Wonder if it's a bug with MCCC?

out2.jpg

Looks like some kind of issue copy/pasting from a human occult to an alien occult.

Message 9 of 11 (3,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps  I didn't use the tray (Sim) option. I used all parts: body, face, skin and copied the subsequently on either the disguise or the original. For the disguise I had to tinker with the eyes and hair. The final result looks like this. By the way I did it both ways and after that I used the method of playing with genes as I suggested and the results ar similar. So I can't say anything about the possibility of a bug or glitch in MCCC

.Schermafbeelding 2020-11-05 Alien left disguise rigt.png

Let op:

Message 10 of 11 (3,958 Views)