How to get back a furniture from old house?

by Pinkvelvet98

Original Post

How to get back a furniture from old house?

★ Apprentice

My sims have just moved to a new house but I just realised that they left their graduation portrait in their old house. Is there any way to get it back? I sold all the furniture from their old house so the graduation portrait is still there. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,421 Views)

Re: How to get back a furniture from old house?

★ Guide
@Pinkvelvet98 There are several chances:
1) If you can travel to there, you can give your sim the trait kleptomaniac and he/she will be able to catch it.
2) The NAP Sharing is Caring allows you to steal whatever, so all you have to do is establishing it for that neighbourhood.
3) Or you could take control of other sim who is moved in that house, once the new one is there, he/she gives the portrait to their owner as a gift.
Maybe there are many other systems.
Message 2 of 5 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Edited to remove inaccurate information.  Apologies!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 5 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@JonaO703

Actually it doesn't. I did something very similar. I got a signed picture from a famous sim and put it on the wall. I moved before I remembered to go get it. I waited until someone moved in and visited and took it back.

Furniture is only removed from the lot if you take it with you. If you sell it, everything you don't move to your household inventory is left there. Even food you cook is left on the counters and in the fridge!

I've actually started making a serving of cookies and leaving it on the counter before I leave. That way whomever moves in has free cookies.

Message 4 of 5 (1,356 Views)

Champion

Ah, okay.  My mistake!  I hope I haven't upset the balance and angered the sim Gods :-(

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 5 (1,352 Views)