How to get a ghost of a sim back

by Brandon-12414

Original Post

How to get a ghost of a sim back

★★★★★ Newbie

A sim in my game by the name of Maya Feldman unexpectedly died, and I don’t know how to get the ghost of the sim, so that I can bring it back to life. Can anyone help me? The sim wasn’t in my household. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,945 Views)

Re: How to get a ghost of a sim back

★★★★★ Expert
Hi! To get the ghost, first you have to find their urn/lapid, it could be anywhere if they're an NPC. Once you find it, click on it and choose the option that allows you to connect the soul of the deceased to the real world. After a few days the ghost will appear, at which point you can revive them (there are several methods).
Message 2 of 6 (1,919 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Brandon-12414 

Is the ghost in your relations? If so, you can simply invite the sim to your lot and revive it. If not see if it is in manage households. If that also fails, your only option is to restore an older save where the sim has not died.

PS. since the sim did not die on your lot there will be no Urn/Grave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (1,914 Views)

Champion

@Brandon-12414 

I've had a Sim from a solo household killed in the jungle. Her best friend searched high and low for her ghost but couldn't find her anywhere. Many, many days later, her ghost just appeared at the Spice Festival. Her best friend moved her unhappy ghost into her Household and then built the skills and found the ingredients to create Ambrosia to revive her.

To this day it's literally the only time I've had a ghost appear at the Spice Festival. So even if you can't find them at first, they may still turn up in an unexpected place.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 4 of 6 (1,893 Views)

Hero

@Brandon-12414 

One thing you can try is to go to a bar on Wednesday night for ghost night.  If the ghost you are trying to find doesn't show up, then try again the next week.  Which ghosts show up there depends on how many you have in the game so if you have a bunch, then they sort of rotate which ones show up on a given night.

Another thing you can try is to give the residential lot you are playing on the spooky trait.  That will cause a ghost to visit your lot.  Again, which ghost shows up is random, but they do change from time to time, and you might get lucky and the ghost you are looking for might be the one that shows.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6 (1,852 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I might try that! Thank you very much!!

Message 6 of 6 (1,828 Views)