Re: How to gather impressions in the trend setting career

by hellaradveg

Original Post

How to gather impressions in the trend setting career

★★★ Newbie

How do I gather impressions in the trend setter career. Its my daily task.

Message 1 of 13 (174,076 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You can gather impressions by "quick sketch impressions" on the new drawing table, "gathering impressions" option on paintings you've made, or sometimes by interviewing other sims.  I also Believe the're are other ways too.

Message 2 of 13 (173,633 Views)

★★ Novice

When you click on a painting, there is an option that says gather impressions. I believe you can also browse art on the computer. Neither of these works every time, but I find that gathering impressions from a painting works more often. 

Message 3 of 13 (173,333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just wanted to add that I had this problem, and I was able to get it to work by looking at paintings and getting impressions from that. My problem was that it wouldn’t go past 50%, and upon further research, you need to buy the style board and add your impression so you can do a second one and get to 100%. 

Message 4 of 13 (146,682 Views)

Champion

@hellaradveg, you are 100% correct!  @vixiiqt , @YonderBiscuit50 , & @BryguyO ,  The "gather impressions" interaction will give you work credit if you get a certain moodlet from it (and Inspired one that looks like a few pattern swatches); the style board gets rid of that moodlet so you are able to gather impressions a 2nd time and fulfill your work task!  

You can also gather impressions by using your phone camera!  Cool  But for some reason this doesn't work with the regular camera that you get as a reward at your job! Raised eyebrowOopsLarge smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 13 (146,662 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

There's quite a few ways to get impressions. I'll list the ones I've found:

- View a painting 

- Use the computer to "browse art."

- View any piece of artwork. (This doesn't count artifacts, from what I've seen) 

- Check for unique interactions with other Sims, such as Model look, or Discuss fashion. 

- Take impression photographs with your cell phone. (Check the entertainment category.)

There are likely more out there; these however should give you a few options. 

- B

Message 6 of 13 (146,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Friend,

get your sim to click on your their desktop/laptop and click on career, there u will find the options Record style guide, blog and the other options.

JentParty hat

Message 7 of 13 (142,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So do you have to buy something to complete this task? It's the only way?

Message 8 of 13 (123,403 Views)

Champion

@brangrim89, no you don't have to buy anything --  for the Style Influencer career, you get the Impressions board at level 1 for free, but it will be in your household Inventory.:eahigh_file:  Then you will get a digital sketchpad, a camera, and a computer a few levels up.  (Sketchpad and camera will be in your personal Inventory; computer will be in your household Inventory.)

Eventually you can set trends with this career, but this is not to be confused with the Trendsetting Perk you can get with being famous if you have the Get Famous pack. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 13 (123,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't find the drawing table in build mode.

Message 10 of 13 (50,575 Views)