How to download digital In store bought sims onto steam

by KeiraC8551

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to download digital In store bought sims onto steam

★★★ Newbie

I have downloaded sims 4 and a few dlcs on my steam account but wanna by some dlcs in store because of sales I was wondering can I download them onto steam so I can log into steam on other computers and still have the dlcs ? 

Message 1 of 14 (884 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to download digital In store bought sims onto steam

@KeiraC8551  Sims 4 works entirely differently than Sims 3.  I thought since you posted in the Sims 3 section, the 4 in your post was a typo, but perhaps not.

For Sims 4, you can in fact play through Steam with all your Origin-owned content.  And you can register disc copies in Origin: they'll work like packs you buy directly through Origin.  What you'd do is install the base game through Steam, then any packs you own through Steam, then any packs you own through Origin.  You'd launch the game through Steam, and Origin would run in the background.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 14 (837 Views)

All Replies

@KeiraC8551  The only packs you can use in Steam are the ones that you own specifically in Steam.  There's no way to register discs, or Origin-bought packs for that matter, within Steam.  You could however register your Steam-bought packs and your discs in Origin, and play through Origin instead.  You'd need to uninstall the Steam version and clean your computer's registry before installing the Origin version.

Message 2 of 14 (871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have digital sims 4 base game on both steam and origin and say I go onto origin it says u have sims 4 with steam and one with origin can I move the packs I bought on steam to origin and how? And if I buy the packs can I download in on origin ? So I’m quite dumb lol you might need to dumb things down abit thank you so much tho 

Message 3 of 14 (859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And what is computer registry? Basically atm I’m on my bro laptops bc my rabbit chewed the Mac cord so I’m waiting for a replacement, so I’ve downloaded sims 4 on his computer both on steam and origin but the packs are with steam can I transfer these to origin ? 

Message 4 of 14 (858 Views)

@KeiraC8551  Sims 4 works entirely differently than Sims 3.  I thought since you posted in the Sims 3 section, the 4 in your post was a typo, but perhaps not.

For Sims 4, you can in fact play through Steam with all your Origin-owned content.  And you can register disc copies in Origin: they'll work like packs you buy directly through Origin.  What you'd do is install the base game through Steam, then any packs you own through Steam, then any packs you own through Origin.  You'd launch the game through Steam, and Origin would run in the background.

Message 5 of 14 (838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much you’ve been a big help !!!

Message 6 of 14 (818 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And sorry for making you confused this was my first time reaching out to a page like this and have no clue how to use it but thank you so much for helping Standard smile

Message 7 of 14 (817 Views)

@KeiraC8551  Don't worry about it.  People post in the "wrong" section all the time, but as long as everyone gets on the same page eventually, it's all good.

Message 8 of 14 (797 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im still a little confused I’ve download my dlcs onto my sims 4 on origin I also have pack on my sims 4 on steam that I want on my origin but have no clue how to transfer the sims stuff onto origin 

Message 9 of 14 (767 Views)

@keiracullen  You can't transfer packs you own in Steam to the Origin version, at least not in Sims 4.  (Sims 3 is different.)  If you want to use the pack you've bought in Steam, you'll need to uninstall the Origin version, install the Steam version of the base game, install the Steam-bought pack, then install your Origin-bought packs.

Message 10 of 14 (746 Views)