How to create a song a hit

by TobasiHD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to create a song a hit

★★★ Newbie

Heylo guys and girls

I got a Sim with level 10 Singing skill, level 10 Guitar skill and about to max out the Piano.
My Sim is apart of the Music Genius Aspiration, but I am stuck with the Level 3: Harmony. It is not as usual as others, as I haven't seen anyone mention this.
But! I got a problem completing "Write 4 Songs", tho I can make songs and license them without any problem. Except, I kept seeing ppl mention that I could license 1 song per instrument, which I can't.
Sorry for the side path, but back to my problem. Despite being able to write songs and license them, but I have now made around 10-12 songs, without making a single hit. I have licensed around 5 or 7 songs. But still nothing.... it is still 0 out of 4.

Hope you guys can help

Message 1 of 2 (1,083 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to create a song a hit

Champion

@TobasiHD Hello!  I'm not sure but it sounds like you may have been writing lyrics instead of writing songs.  You can only license lyrics once per sim week and "write lyrics" does not count toward the aspiration. To complete the "write 4 songs" part of the aspiration, make sure you select write song on any instrument once your sim has level 8 skill on that instrument.  From what you said, you should have this option for Guitar and Piano.
WriteSong.png

To answer your question about licensing, once you finish writing a song on each instrument, you can license one song per instrument each week.  As an example, my sim has written a song on the Piano, Violin and Guitar.  When I click on the mailbox at home, I see the options for each of those instruments even though the options are grayed out because I've already licensed songs this week.  Sorry the image is so dark.  It's nighttime now in Sim land. Standard smile
LicenseSong.png

Hope this helps!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,043 Views)

All Replies

Re: How to create a song a hit

Champion

@TobasiHD Hello!  I'm not sure but it sounds like you may have been writing lyrics instead of writing songs.  You can only license lyrics once per sim week and "write lyrics" does not count toward the aspiration. To complete the "write 4 songs" part of the aspiration, make sure you select write song on any instrument once your sim has level 8 skill on that instrument.  From what you said, you should have this option for Guitar and Piano.
WriteSong.png

To answer your question about licensing, once you finish writing a song on each instrument, you can license one song per instrument each week.  As an example, my sim has written a song on the Piano, Violin and Guitar.  When I click on the mailbox at home, I see the options for each of those instruments even though the options are grayed out because I've already licensed songs this week.  Sorry the image is so dark.  It's nighttime now in Sim land. Standard smile
LicenseSong.png

Hope this helps!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 2 (1,044 Views)