Re: How to add sims to world w/o having to play them?

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

How to add sims to world w/o having to play them?

★ Novice

So this may be a dumb question but I'm a bit tired of the NPCs that are in the game currently. I only have tiny living, Island living and Realm of Magic. I don't have the money to buy anymore right now but I'd like to see new faces. Is there a mod, cheat or anything that can add new sims? Or would I have to create a new household, save it and then go back to my current game and they'd show up? I've only been playing Sims for about a couple weeks so I'm still very new.

Thanks for anybody who can answer this and stay safe!

Message 1 of 4 (82,949 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Bhroseph  If you go to Manage Worlds within an ongoing save, you can create new sims, or download them from the Gallery, and place them in houses in your existing save without having to play them.  Once they're placed, just click on the household you've been playing, and resume where you left off.

You can also place households you've saved to the Library, so if you create a new save and want to import some of those sims to a different save, you can save them to the library and place them in the new save via Manage Worlds.

If you start a new save from the Main Menu, your existing sims won't be in it.  Each save is its own world, starting from scratch, as in, the EA premades are there in their default states, but none of the sims you've created will be unless you add them manually.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (82,909 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Bhroseph Just to add to what @puzzlezaddict wrote, if you'd like to fill some of the more expensive homes and the NPC households do not have enough funds to buy them, you can use the cheat called freerealestate on. This cheat will unlock all homes, even ones the NPC households cannot normally afford.

Message 3 of 4 (82,900 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Bhroseph 
In addition to the suggestions by @puzzlezaddict  and @RandomBuzziness    let me add another option.
I made a tutorial that still works.  My friend also made a video to demonstrate how to follow the tutorial.

Tutorial: Moving Sims In From the Gallery Without Money Cheats
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920585/tutorial-moving-sims-in-from-the-gallery-without-...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 4 (82,895 Views)