How often do you get a suprising choice and what triggers them?

by ava7171

Original Post

How often do you get a suprising choice and what triggers them?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

It would be awesome if someome could share their experience on this subject. How do you trigger your suprising choice to appear and how often does it appear to you? 

One more thing: I read somewhere that you can get a hot tub in the suprising choices so I'm wondering is this true and has anyone got it? 

Thanks 😊

Message 1 of 91 (2,423 Views)

Re: How often do you get a suprising choice and what triggers them?

★★★★★ Expert

@ava7171 wrote:

It would be awesome if someome could share their experience on this subject. How do you trigger your suprising choice to appear and how often does it appear to you? 

One more thing: I read somewhere that you can get a hot tub in the suprising choices so I'm wondering is this true and has anyone got it? 

Thanks 😊

I had 4 on the first day.  They were all the same one about forgetting my lunch so I bought lunch for everyone each time and got a bonus on work events.  I haven't had any since then.  I really want a new hot tub and some new trees and some pets.

Message 2 of 91 (2,383 Views)

★ Expert

I got an offer for the hot tub. It will cost you 2,000 sim dollars should you get the option. EA shut the surprising choice down the other day because it is not working properly. They are working on a fix. There is a post on this issue in the bugs section 

Message 3 of 91 (2,370 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Thank you guys. I was wondering why is nothing happening anymore 😁

So hot tub offer comes in a section where we got the new diamonds hats? @Fuzzernutter

Message 4 of 91 (2,356 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@BlueWizardRob I had only 2 the first day and then it stopped. I was dreaming of a hot tub for a long time now so when I read that you can buy I was so excited 😁
Message 5 of 91 (2,354 Views)

★ Expert
I got the hot tub offer in the surprising choice the first day. It had 4 choices. The hot tub was at the top of the list for 2000 sim dollars. I don't remember what the other choices were below the hot tub but they were offers to spend sim cash , cupcake or take a negative consequence. I took the negative consequence for my sim to be angry at her husband which did nothing, He was retired and about to leave the game
Message 6 of 91 (2,341 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I have had 2 choices so far.  The worst was the 2nd.  I had a choice about lunch but I didn't want to spend the money or use a cupcake.  The negative consequences resulted in my sim throwing up every few minutes for 8 hours.   ewwwww

I think I saw a bug report which stated that they turned off the feature while they fix a bug so I haven't seen any recently.

Message 7 of 91 (2,331 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I hope they fix it soon cause I was loving it even the negative consequences. It was fun and something new which we allways have to wait so long to get and the game gets kind of boring in the meantime
Message 8 of 91 (2,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Two choices so far.

1st was a booster choice, paid a cupcake fee and everyone got a friendly boost (forget the percentage but was fairly high, want to say 15% friend event boost). About 30hrs after that I got the pet choice which crudded itself and never got the pet (so much saltiness I’ve created my own sea ecosystem here 🦈🐳🐋🐬🐟🐟🐟🐠). EA then took the event away (EA thread about it in bug forum) and unsure if it’s back or not but haven’t got one since.

Message 9 of 91 (2,307 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@ava7171 wrote:
I hope they fix it soon cause I was loving it even the negative consequences. It was fun and something new which we allways have to wait so long to get and the game gets kind of boring in the meantime

It looks like they fixed whatever the problem was because it's back.  

Message 10 of 91 (2,256 Views)