Re: How often do you get a suprising choice and what triggers them?

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@rmw8855 wrote:

@ava7171 wrote:
Does anybody knows how they triggered the hot tub choice? I have been trying to get it again for days now and I'm out of options :D

I just got this offer too.  Just finished a Quick Shift at the hospital.

I got the offer for the 2nd time after finishing family events with a child.

Message 81 of 91 (836 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
It seems that they show up completely random 🤔
Message 82 of 91 (815 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Lol... "WE'RE MARRIED, YOU DOOFUS!" :D

Message 83 of 91 (802 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@sweedeypy wrote:

@rmw8855 wrote:

@ava7171 wrote:
Does anybody knows how they triggered the hot tub choice? I have been trying to get it again for days now and I'm out of options :D

I just got this offer too.  Just finished a Quick Shift at the hospital.

I got the offer for the 2nd time after finishing family events with a child.

Now for the 3rd time I’ve gotten the hot tub offer for doing the exact same interaction with a child/family event.

Message 84 of 91 (759 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The stupid randomization of surprising choices and of loot box events is really starting to irritate me.  If I can't get the stuff I want, why play?

Message 85 of 91 (751 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I totally agree @BlueWizardRob. Weeks pass by and I keep getting the same choices. It's driving me crazy...
Message 86 of 91 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So... Going through my Sims screenshot album.

I've been getting random relationship type surprising choices lately. I just got one where it's "my co-worker's birthday" (actually his brother and they don't even work in the same part of town...) and I had to buy a gift, party, pizza, or a card. I got that right after finishing a quick shift as a lawyer.

This morning I got a choice where one friend (also the two brothers) wanted to do a friend makeover. That popped up right after completing my second "a real handful" toddler event.

Yesterday an event popped up with a friend asking for "my" opinion on her fashion sense. I'm pretty sure I'd just completed "have a quick bite" (level 10 soulmates so they don't really "need" to do relationship events).

I chose all the free options on those. Some Sims are upset 🤷‍♀️

Sunday an HOA member asked about home improvement. This was right after a baby event (right before she became a toddler).

I haven't gotten an event involving buying any actual objects in over a week when I got the "struggling furniture store" choice. I bought a rug but I should've bought the bird bath 😩. 

Off the top of my head I wanna say I got the pet choice was when I was doing a rivalry event. I remember I was completing the sibling rivalry and arch nemesis relationships at the same time.

Message 87 of 91 (667 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I hope not.  I really don't like the rival events.  I don't play a game so I can be mean or petty or a *.  In the game I can be even more selfless and helpful than I can in real life because there are no real constraints on time and resources.

Message 88 of 91 (664 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

the surprising choice events do not come up often enough /: i’ve been waiting for months now to purchase a hedgehog. for me, coincidentally, the sc event pops up whenever i’m out of sim cash 🧐 

- sim cash item prices are too expensive 

Message 89 of 91 (469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My fish move and the fish tank bubbles, so worth it, i wish there was a option for buying both :/ i got the choice randomly, have never gotten a choice to buy things before besides this. i love it!!

Message 90 of 91 (365 Views)