Re: How often do you get a suprising choice and what triggers them?

by Here4Snacks

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@terogamusaudiHazI also only got the normal ones so far and the prices were 50$ for a boost in actions. I heard that the tub is 2000$. I would like to hear about the pets price too

Update: I read in another tread that the fish tank is 500$ and the hamster cage is 150$

Message 21 of 91 (1,527 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

based on various other events and purchase options in the past, there is a likelihood that everyone will see a different price for the same items.

Message 22 of 91 (1,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@ava7171 & @BlueWizardRob, yup, that seems about right. I got a different offer for the fish tank, it’s half the price. I can only hope I get this choice again once I’ve collected enough simcash.

Message 23 of 91 (1,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

My event always comes after a completion of a long relationship event, I still think RNG is RNG and it can pop up anytime but the one constant for me is that it’s popped up after a long relationship event. I had one just now about trimming neighbors lemon trees, if I paid 100 simcash I would have received 50% off simoleon or simcash shop items, 1 cupcake a simoleon boost for 3hrs or free for the do not help option. I went cupcake and it wasn’t a dramatic boost however it would be lucrative to a player who is willing to burn through a bunch of short events for 3hrs... I’m not such player.

also re: my prices I’ve mentioned about hedgehog & fish tank, I’ve been remembering the fish tank price inaccurately, hand on my heart I thought it was 500simcash but it’s probably 250 like others have reported. I am cursed with laziness and frequently skim over details when I’m distracted, like buying a hedgehog for example, and that often comes back to bite me in the bum lol 🦔🦔🦔🦔

Message 24 of 91 (1,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Here4Snacks, now that you mentioned it, I noticed that too. And again, it’s not always immediate, sometimes after once or thrice quick shifts, preceded by the long shift, I usually get the surprising choice offer.

It’d be great if the prices are fixed. Cos 150~250 simcash seems doable for those who can’t purchase with real money.

Message 25 of 91 (1,460 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I've only gotten %-off actions choices, which I don't need, because all my Sims are 100% in goals, and I'm at level 40. I've chosen negative consequences, because I'm taking on a miserly play. I'm not gonna spend real cash anymore until the item limit is fixed, so I'll make the very best with what I'm comfortable earning/spending in-game. NOT spending anymore SimCash, cupcakes, or gems unless it's a planned purchase or goal. *digging in (very fashionable) heels*

Message 26 of 91 (1,448 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I got the hot tub offer and I already bought the sim cash before and waited for the offer to come. It was 2000$ 😔 I would thought it was money well spent but now I have to wait for the same offer to come again so I can buy an illuminati wall so people can actually use the hot tub on the parties. However I'm still very lucky 😍
And @Here4Snacks you were right it allways comes after a long relationship event
Message 27 of 91 (1,435 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I finally got one.  It offered me an XP bonus or Gold bonus.  Since I'm level 40 I don't earn XP anymore.  I chose the gold even though I don't need that either.

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 3.30.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-24 at 3.30.22 PM.png

Message 28 of 91 (1,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The prices for the aquarium and hedgehog seem doable, but the price for the hot tub is outrageous, or at least to me it is. 2000 is a bit much, I’ve been wanting a hot tub every since I didn’t win one in the event. I would be willing to pay 400 or 500 for it. I’m hoping the price will be lowered soon.

Message 29 of 91 (1,402 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@R4ER4E4 I agree the prices are too much but I don't think they're going to lower them at least till now I haven't noticed that they ever lowered the price on anything 😔
Message 30 of 91 (1,383 Views)