Re: How much do ur Sims pay the bills?

by OrignVast

Original Post

How much do ur Sims pay the bills?

★★★★★ Novice

Well I motherloded my way to several million Simoleons and was wondering if the big bills my Sims have been paying are calculated based on the household funds or the house value.

PS. my bills normally come at the average of $300,000 (house value $2.7M, household funds $8M)

6D9891BE-BD40-4F7C-8534-24E4017BC0A0.jpeg

Message 1 of 7 (2,075 Views)

★★★★ Expert

House value. It's the value of all the items in the house itself, not your cash.

One thing to note, if you use the money vault from Get Famous and put a lot of money in there, that counts towards house value.  I won the lottery once, made 1 million. Immediately purchased a vault and put the full million in there. My next bill was over $46,000. I ended up removing the vault.

Message 2 of 7 (2,057 Views)

Champion

@krisbextor, also, items in your personal inventories are calculated in household bills, especailly items you harvest from your garden!  If you want to keep bills down, don't have a lot of plants in your inventory, especially more expensive ones like dragonfruit. Wink.
You can also keep bills down by having the lights in your Sims' houses only turn on when they enter that room!  Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 7 (2,032 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 I thought turning off the lights don't matter? Someone told me that once. It used to irritate me when lights would bug out on holidays and stay on until someone told me it doesn't matter, only the value of the items.
Message 4 of 7 (2,012 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, and @krisbextor , I usually don't use autolights, as I like to see what I'm clicking on in the next room. But I also don't usually do the rags to riches gameplay anymore since I hate all my Sims startign out the same.  
However, I heard this tip mentioned several times and tried it with one of my households and my bills did go down!  But this was earlier in the year like in April or May.  It could have changed since then.. or I could have done soemthing different that caused the bills to go down, but I don't think I sold any big items. Wondering  But I only tried it on this one house.  Still, it is worth expierimentign with.

I know for certain that a lot of produce in your sims's personal inventories causes high bills! 

Message 5 of 7 (1,989 Views)

Champion

@krisbextor, and @Psychotps , I forgot to add that if you have the Seasons EP, then you can lower your bills by turning off your heating or cooling via the thermostat object. Standard smile Also, not having this object in your house will be the same as if you turned it off. Wink

Message 6 of 7 (1,932 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It has to do with your house value and the things inside your house, your bills are not affected by how much funds you have.

Hope this helped Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (1,899 Views)