Re: How long do Game Changers get early access for?

by InfiniteVerve

Original Post

How long do Game Changers get early access for?

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

First- please do not speculate (nor give answers based on speculation).

I am aware that Game Changers can start doing videos on new content/ packs a couple weeks ahead of release, however, how far ahead of release are they given that access? And, are they able to play right up until release? I would like to know how long game changers get "early access" for,  and are we seeing (from them) the actual completed pack/s that they are doing the 'early access' for? Are the bugs (shown in their 'early access videos) fixed, before release?

*Edited for clarity.

I realize that there are bugs which come in the 'finished'/shipped game- however, I have seen the GCers making statements "I'm pretty sure this bug will be fixed before release" (and comments akin to that statement), and I don't think they should make those claims if it isn't true (which they have been doing). None of them are playing with their own packs integrated (to show the additional issues that come with adding a new pack), which is seriously problematic- as it is left to paying customers (who don't get the packs free- like the GCers do) to beta test, when it is supposed to be a fully developed and working product.

I've also noted that there is zero gameplay, and that the new sentiments and lifestyle systems are messing up gameplay (like sims emotions being all over the place, and affecting other sims emotions to be the same). There is also a lack of vivacity in the town centre (which is fine for me, but others who want that will not be happy). And, the world is 'beautiful, but empty' (as many game changers have stated).

Message 1 of 3 (937 Views)

Champion

@InfiniteVerve , are you asking how long just on the Snowy Escape EP, or on all packs in general. Wondering Keep in mind that since this pack was made in collaboration with several Game Changers, that those same GC's have had access to this pack for quite some time.Raised eyebrow  However, I do not know about the other GC's that didn't work on this pack, but I would think it was considerably less.  Also, it seems to me that the amount of time given for GC's early access has varied depending on which pack it is, but I could be wrong about this.  Sorry for that last bit of speculation, but since I don't work for EA, that is the best I can do! Thinking

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@PugLove888thanks, and good point (prompting me to be more specific). I know there are a few GCers on here, and was hoping for some honesty from them about when they got this latest pack (in which to record gameplay, rather than the one's who build lots for the game). Also wondered (because they often say "I only have this pack for 'a little while') how long, exactly, is 'a little while'. Just saw some GCers who are still streaming the early release. So (for this pack) obviously the GCers who said they 'only have it (the pack) for a little while... it means up until official release. So they still currently have the pack (as of Nov.12, 2020)... Interesting.

I know a couple GCers mentioned that they got the pack in august (pretty quick turn-a-round), but that was early dev (so they could build, get feedback, fix, and what not)- not 'gameplay review'.

Message 3 of 3 (876 Views)