How is everybody holding up?

by Marvel24690

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How is everybody holding up?

★★ Apprentice

I know these past 4 days have not been easy. I mean literally. However, I am glad that there will be a hotfix or emergency update for the Sims 4 game. But it looks like the update is not coming early but I could be wrong. The Sims said that the update is coming by the end of next week. I feel like this update should come a lot earlier instead of by the end of next week. Just hang in guys, the update will come soon. 🤞🏾💗🙂

Message 1 of 18 (712 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How is everybody holding up?

Champion

I feel like I want to ask the devs that question too! After the intial reaction of horror it suddenly dawned on me, imagine having so many people upset with something you've put so much work into and imagine making such a massive howler...and I don't mean the werewolves (at least those howlers were intentional). So I'm guessing a real rough few days and a lot of work to fix things quickly with a few million people pretty furious and waiting and waiting and waiting. That's a lot of pressure. I hope someone is making them coffee and maybe giving out occasional hugs! I know this has caused just as much hassle for them if not more. Hang in there guys!

I've had a difficult time with the Sims this year already, needing to take breaks twice now because of buggy gameplay and telling myself the next update has to fix it. I'd really pinned my hopes on this update being the big one. This was the one I hoped would fix the random mean interactions, the broken dog walking, the teleporting, the excessive phonecalls, the de-stressing dedoction brewing all over the place, the harvestables floating in the air, the queue cancelling, the weird autonomy problems, the walking through solid objects...and about 50 other things plus the crashing. I opened it up to look at build mode after the update to see if a bug was fixed (yay, they fixed the curtain snapping outside) it crashed after about 5 mins.

I have other games but this one is the one that feels like an investment. It's literally one of the most expensive things in my house. Right now it's just sat there again. I'd just added Wedding Stories and got about a week out of it.

So I sit with my Animal Crossing and wait and I want to say to the little characters "well my house here may be tiny but my Sims houses would show you a thing or two!"

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (667 Views)

All Replies

Champion

I feel like I want to ask the devs that question too! After the intial reaction of horror it suddenly dawned on me, imagine having so many people upset with something you've put so much work into and imagine making such a massive howler...and I don't mean the werewolves (at least those howlers were intentional). So I'm guessing a real rough few days and a lot of work to fix things quickly with a few million people pretty furious and waiting and waiting and waiting. That's a lot of pressure. I hope someone is making them coffee and maybe giving out occasional hugs! I know this has caused just as much hassle for them if not more. Hang in there guys!

I've had a difficult time with the Sims this year already, needing to take breaks twice now because of buggy gameplay and telling myself the next update has to fix it. I'd really pinned my hopes on this update being the big one. This was the one I hoped would fix the random mean interactions, the broken dog walking, the teleporting, the excessive phonecalls, the de-stressing dedoction brewing all over the place, the harvestables floating in the air, the queue cancelling, the weird autonomy problems, the walking through solid objects...and about 50 other things plus the crashing. I opened it up to look at build mode after the update to see if a bug was fixed (yay, they fixed the curtain snapping outside) it crashed after about 5 mins.

I have other games but this one is the one that feels like an investment. It's literally one of the most expensive things in my house. Right now it's just sat there again. I'd just added Wedding Stories and got about a week out of it.

So I sit with my Animal Crossing and wait and I want to say to the little characters "well my house here may be tiny but my Sims houses would show you a thing or two!"

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 2 of 18 (668 Views)

★★★ Pro

I can’t really say a good thing, and I can’t be positive after I saw how much QA they had. I think is just sick that EA decision is to test their product on customer (full price) or to destroy her own game in such a way. Its almost so, that they build up on the positive feedback from werewolves and decided to destroy all the trust again.

Message 3 of 18 (658 Views)

@daikoyu

What do you meant by "how much QA they had"?

Patches can't come out immediately because they have to be tested on all platforms they are being released on - Windows PC, Mac, Playstation and Xbox (I'm presuming all four for this patch). That testing takes time and that is after the bug has been reproduced, the cause has been found, and a fix has been implemented. And not just for base game but all packs too.

You can still play the game but it's wise to not play a precious household/save at the moment if the ageing bug affects your play style.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 18 (629 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora These things should have been quality tested and patched before selling it to customers for $40USD. There are bugs that could in no way have been missed if any amount of QA was done prior to release. It's not acceptable.
Message 5 of 18 (606 Views)

@Backstabbath88

Which pack bugs are you referring to? Just naming half a dozen would help.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 18 (601 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Bluebellflora  Oh yeah, but if patches need test how it can be that we got so a patch that break so much? You really want to say that Patch 1.90.258.1030 was enough tested? Yes? Good, say it to all the player which lost her beloved save game because of all the bugs (aging and fame)

Sorry but here was no true testing, it’s the same as ECO or MWS, poor testing and release it in this state.

Eco sample:

ECO -> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to-visiting...

ECO -> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-NPC-Stealing-with-and/td...

We don’t need to talk about ... MWS. // I will now shut up because I really would risk a ban here. I need a break from all this, so I am out.

Message 7 of 18 (573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I haven't noticed anything too bizarre yet with regards to the wants/fears, but if they're basic wants and fears, not relating to any specific packs I already have then that is very disappointing. So far I had two sims being a bit tired of their job and feeling a bit stressed out and they could "regain the passion for work". That makes things a bit more realistic, I guess!

One thing I noticed that's wrong is when I take 2 sims on a scenic hike, and the game suddenly focuses on one of my other household's sim, who is using her phone somewhere on the same lot. She's not in the group of two that are taking a hike so it's weird. Oh yeah and excessive phone usages, like everyone is texting and walking. What's worse, there's not even any "phone" interaction to cancel. -_-

Other than that though, an hour into playing since the update, it seems my sims are happy or very happy. :o (unless the green bars are not really green, as I read somewhere someone had a sim die of hunger with a green bar...) But why couldn't they ADD wants and fears next to the whims? One of my sims wants to flirt with her neighbour but I don't want them to lmao, but I cannot dismiss the want either. 😶

Message 8 of 18 (551 Views)

@daikoyu

Good practice is to ALWAYS back up your Sims 4 folder, or at least the saves, before patching. We've been here enough times now over the last 8 years to know that a patch could severely impact the user's game and potentially break a save. Why people still aren't backing up before patching is beyond me. Why people don't back up their precious data, Sims or otherwise, is baffling.

I didn't say the July patch was properly tested, evidently it wasn't. None of us outside of EA know how much play testing was performed before the patch or pack release. We don't know the procedures in place. We can speculate but that's all it is, speculation.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 18 (550 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora today I started Origin and immediately it was downloading an update to sims and I had to agree with the install. I had no chance to make a backup before that. Is there a schedule with patch release that I could check so I can make back ups in advance? Thanks!
Message 10 of 18 (528 Views)