How does retirement impact locked hobby and career items?

by montgomerylayne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How does retirement impact locked hobby and career items?

★★ Novice

If I retire a sim, can I still buy items that they unlocked from their hobby or career? For example, my sim is at level 10 in the yoga hobby but I don't have enough money to purchase the bamboo yet, but I want to retire her so I can promote her daughter and begin another generation. Will retiring the yoga sim disable my access to the locked yoga hobby items such as the bamboo?

Message 1 of 3 (615 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How does retirement impact locked hobby and career items?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Since they are Hobby Collection items, they don't get disabled as long as you've unlocked them, except for yoga mats (and those hobby items that are used to level up hobbies), they have a specific hobby level requirement.

Bamboo is an additional item to help you gain more interactions and a headstart in your Yoga hobby.

Don't retire your Sim if you have unfinished things to do!

I had a Yoga Lvl 10 Hobby on my Sim once, and I forgot to buy that Master Yoga Mat, I retired that Sim, forgetting to purchase the 3 Star Yoga Mat. Now, I am going for Lvl 10 Yoga again to purchase the Mat Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (613 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Since they are Hobby Collection items, they don't get disabled as long as you've unlocked them, except for yoga mats (and those hobby items that are used to level up hobbies), they have a specific hobby level requirement.

Bamboo is an additional item to help you gain more interactions and a headstart in your Yoga hobby.

Don't retire your Sim if you have unfinished things to do!

I had a Yoga Lvl 10 Hobby on my Sim once, and I forgot to buy that Master Yoga Mat, I retired that Sim, forgetting to purchase the 3 Star Yoga Mat. Now, I am going for Lvl 10 Yoga again to purchase the Mat Standard smile
Message 2 of 3 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What about Career items? And clothing items? I have a sim I want to retire but I can’t afford to buy all the clothes and home items in the store that I unlocked with her. I been keeping her around because I’m scared that if I retire her the items I haven’t bought yet will be locked again. And I definitely don’t want to have to redo the careers, hobbies, and relationship stories I completed with her. I need so many Llama Zoom tokens to buy everything!

Message 3 of 3 (488 Views)