How do you trigger Full Parental Mode?

by CGrant56

Original Post

Re: How do you trigger Full Parental Mode?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CGrant56 As long as the editor will accept your post I wouldn't worry about it. I've found that if my images are too large the post won't save, though. Not sure that there's a rule on size. I choose 'large' or smaller or I find it won't save.

Your screenshot image file size can vary according to where you saved it (device, etc.), and I'm not sure if your game graphics settings effect the screenshot quality and file size, but that would make sense. How much color and detail are in the shot can affect the file size also.

A .jpg file is inherently more compressed (smaller file) than a .png file, so converting to .jpg in-and-of itself helps. You can also re-size the image to 900px width in Paint (PC) or Preview (Mac) as a simpler route than using Photoshop. Just save/export the file as a .jpg and move the image quality slider down until the file is around or under 300KB to compress it more for the web (in Preview... save method may be a bit different in Paint, I can't remember).  Or you can do it in Photoshop as an export. If you need more detailed instructions let me know. 

There are free online tools like "Reduct Images" or "Tiny PNG".

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 21 of 33 (619 Views)

Hero

@SheriGR  Thank you much.  I think that screenshots from the game are at the same resolution as you run to play the game.  All my screenshots are the same size as my screen resolution anyway.  Since I use a fairly big monitor, It's probably a good idea to shrink the images to a smaller size.  I'll play around with it a bit when I try to add one.

BTW, are you or anyone else having a problem with the image viewer here.  I keep getting errors and can't see the pics anymore.  Or is the viewer even on the site or on my system?  (I'm using Edge).

Thanks again.

Message 22 of 33 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CGrant56 I'm seeing the images I expect to see okay. Just to clarify...

Message 23 of 33 (591 Views)

Hero

@SheriGR  No I can see the spoiler and imbedded images.  What I can't see are the ones that are attachments.  The viewer that pops up here just says there's and error and won't show.  It' not my the viewer that I usually see on my machine when I look at image files so I'm assuming it is on the site.  The name of the viewer when it starts loading the image begins with a K I think.  All I get when it errors is a black screen with a red error message.  The error message reads "Error displaying the attachment content".  It started yesterday.

Message 24 of 33 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CGrant56 I'm seeing the error also on this post, and I was able to see her attachment images when I answered the post. Error.jpg

This is the post link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Jan2020-Shell-CEGsc01/m-p/8664321#M21541
Just a minute... I'll ask other helpers...

Edit... I am told that it's been an issue since Thursday. You can choose download, though, and view them locally (on your computer).

Message 25 of 33 (572 Views)

Hero

@SheriGR  Thank you so much.  It's nice to know it isn't just me.  That is exactly what I see.  The first time I tried to answer a post with an attachment and clicked on the attachment while at the compose window, I got it too which makes a little sense.  But afterwards, it worked just fine in the thread.  I did try downloading after I last posted about this and that does work ok.  Sorry to be such a bother.  Thank you again.

Message 26 of 33 (557 Views)

Champion

@CGrant56 No problem at all! I just hadn't tried to open an attached photo since it kicked in, so now I know also. Standard smile

Message 27 of 33 (546 Views)

Champion

@CGrant56, I'm glad @SheriGR answered first!  She knows a lot more about stuff like this than I do!
Since I have only included screenshots from within the game by using the game's camera on this site, I just use the "Insert/edit Image" button next to the Link button and Emoji button here.  I don't have to mess with worrying about size since I'm using this sites formatting bar and EA's game for the pictures.  I just figured if they don't approve of the size of the pictures, then they would change the way this site accesses/displays them! Large smile Tongue out Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 28 of 33 (525 Views)

Champion

@PugLove888 @CGrant56 I should probably clarify that part - On this forum there should not be any need to compress or prep your image, as it will normally allow it to insert in the post via the image button directions. The only reason you may want to compress it or prep in any way yourself is if you're using the option to insert at full size. I avoid that option since it tends to freeze up my reply. If you try adding it at full size you should make a local copy of the message you composed in case it freezes up and gets lost. Unfortunately I think most of us have learned that one the hard way. Frown

Message 29 of 33 (519 Views)

Hero

@SheriGR @PugLove888   You guys are absolutely great!!!!!!  (Think Tony)  Thank you both so much.  

BTW, My screenshots are 1920x1200 which is a bigger size.  I'll give it try when I need to share one in a post.  If it doesn't work, I'll resize it down.  Just have to wait and see.  Also want to try the spoiler thing too.  I like the way that works.  Thanks again.

Message 30 of 33 (507 Views)