Re: How do you take close up shots for the gallery?

by Trismagistos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you take close up shots for the gallery?

★★★★★ Novice

Hello! I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I honestly have no idea how to take close-up shots of my sims when uploading the household to the gallery, or making them pose. I've searched for answers and some say that they're mods, however, I'm not sure if they are ("custom content" isn't ticked, therefore modded households won't show up, right?). They don't necessarily use expansion packs either. I tried repeatedly clicking on the 'camera' icon when uploading a sim to the gallery to get the result, but sadly, it didn't work.

I've added some images to show what I mean. If it is actually custom content and pose packs and etc, please let me know!

1.1.jpg

1.2.jpg

1.3.jpg

Would appreciate any help, because I'm totally clueless, haha. Standard smile 

Message 1 of 6 (3,120 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

@pocketfIower As far as I know, those custom Gallery poses are from Mods. Here's a link to an article on this topic in SimsVIP with a pretty cool video on how it works (the video is not mine & all credit goes to SimsVIP and the YouTube video creator).

https://simsvip.com/2015/11/27/the-sims-4-custom-gallery-poses/

Also, I'm pretty sure you can use mods like this and your Sims will not be flagged in the Gallery as "modded" as long as your mods don't include things that actually change a Sim, like custom skins, eyes, sliders, etc., or any CC outfits.

If someone else who has more experience than I do with Gallery pose mods posts on here and corrects me on any of this then we'll both learn something new ;-D

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (3,095 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@pocketfIower If you like to use such a modification, you should google CAS Poses Mods. There is a sims catalog with all sorts of poses. More information you will be able to find at the makers and developers.
Have fun playing 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 6 (3,109 Views)

★★★ Expert

@pocketfIower As far as I know, those custom Gallery poses are from Mods. Here's a link to an article on this topic in SimsVIP with a pretty cool video on how it works (the video is not mine & all credit goes to SimsVIP and the YouTube video creator).

https://simsvip.com/2015/11/27/the-sims-4-custom-gallery-poses/

Also, I'm pretty sure you can use mods like this and your Sims will not be flagged in the Gallery as "modded" as long as your mods don't include things that actually change a Sim, like custom skins, eyes, sliders, etc., or any CC outfits.

If someone else who has more experience than I do with Gallery pose mods posts on here and corrects me on any of this then we'll both learn something new ;-D

Message 3 of 6 (3,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@pocketfIower Another consideration when thinking about using a Mod to alter your thumbnails is that it may cause you not to be considered for curation  for being chosen as a 'Maxis Fave'. Please reference the following quote from SimGurulcarus: "Households with custom poses will not be curated, unless the Sim or Pet is standing and showing most of the body."

This can be found in the forum post "How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Curation Guide!"

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 6 (3,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SheriGR thank you for pointing that out and adding the forum link! it was super helpful!
Message 5 of 6 (3,037 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness thank you very much! that makes sense now - i want to give it a shot to test it out. also thank you for the link!
Message 6 of 6 (3,036 Views)