How do you save a single sim or pet separate than the rest of the family?

by sundragons9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you save a single sim or pet separate than the rest of the family?

★★★★ Novice

A few days ago I noticed that I was missing my cat. I had been using MC Command Center to make my family size 10, at my own risk. I bought some new packs with the sale and the cat was gone.

I have an earlier save, but I don't know how to separate the cat from that one.  It's part of the main family I play. Note: the cat is someone else's creation, so I cannot upload it. Unless there is a way to upload without it being public. My question is, how can I separate the cat and save it to add it to a later save. Because if I save it to my library, isn't that only present in the earlier save?

Message 1 of 5 (7,749 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you save a single sim or pet separate than the rest of the family?

★★★ Guide
@sundragons9 to get the cat, you either need to find the original creator of it and save it to your library to then add into you family through CAS.
Or find an older save of the family you are playing where the cat is still in place. Open up CAS and then save the whole family to your library. I like to be safe, so I open up a new game save (or at least a separate family in my current save), then in CAS add in that entire family (cat included) from your library. Delete the Sims you don't want and then save the cat to your library. You can then add that single cat back into your family through CAS

For the group of 4 sims, its the same process. Save them into your library (if downloading them from the gallery). Then open up CAS and delete the ones you don't want, then re-save the single sim to your library. You can then open up the game save and family you want, go into CAS and add in the single Sim you saved.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (7,719 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
@sundragons9 you can save Sims/Pets/Lots to your library and they are only visible to you. This includes Sims/Pets/Lots by created by other players (the original creator is listed). Your library is visible across any game same you create so anything you save into your library will be visible if you start a new game save.
Message 2 of 5 (7,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But how would I take the cat and save it by itself?

Also, if I download say, a group of 4 sims but only want one of that group, how can I separate that one out before placing it in my game? Is that even possible?

I forgot to mention that when I originally added it to my family, I didn't download it to my library first. That's my mistake. 

Message 3 of 5 (7,727 Views)

★★★ Guide
@sundragons9 to get the cat, you either need to find the original creator of it and save it to your library to then add into you family through CAS.
Or find an older save of the family you are playing where the cat is still in place. Open up CAS and then save the whole family to your library. I like to be safe, so I open up a new game save (or at least a separate family in my current save), then in CAS add in that entire family (cat included) from your library. Delete the Sims you don't want and then save the cat to your library. You can then add that single cat back into your family through CAS

For the group of 4 sims, its the same process. Save them into your library (if downloading them from the gallery). Then open up CAS and delete the ones you don't want, then re-save the single sim to your library. You can then open up the game save and family you want, go into CAS and add in the single Sim you saved.
Message 4 of 5 (7,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Thats_Me_Madz Thank you! Sorry for the late reply but I've been so busy.
Message 5 of 5 (7,647 Views)