Re: How do you renovate an apartment when you can’t add tiles?

by circecyanide

Original Post

How do you renovate an apartment when you can’t add tiles?

★★★★★ Novice

My sim got a job to build a nursery onto an apartment, but how could I possibly do that? It’s the 1020 alto apartments. As far as I can tell, it’s not a penthouse, sooo what do I do? I can’t do anything until I add 22 tiles to the lot. Help plz

Message 1 of 10 (1,035 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@DarlingNamine You can't. It's a bug. The majority of the pack is broken.

You can't do any "Addition" gigs, they're ALL broken.

You MIGHT be able to do simple room renovations if you're lucky enough to get some decent decor and color options. But that's random and most of the time guesswork.
Message 2 of 10 (1,008 Views)

Message 3 of 10 (997 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Psychotps Wait so only the redecorating jobs are working? That sucks I was looking forward to doing something harder. Thanks though.
Message 4 of 10 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu Thank you
Message 5 of 10 (977 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DarlingNamine 

Look for a room that you can convert such as a childs room or a large room that can be divided up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 10 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen But using an existing room won't help with the issue of having to add 22 tiles to the property. At least I don't see how it would. That would be an internal renovation, not an addition to the floorplan.

Message 7 of 10 (936 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@circecyanide 

No if the task specifically says to add 22 tiles (I haven't seen such a task yet) to a level then that should be reported as a bug.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 10 (920 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@circecyanide I haven't seen one that specifically says to "add" a defined number of tiles. All the "Addition" ones say to just ADD new tiles, but up to a certain number. 0/22 You don't have to ADD 22, just at least 1 but up to 22. Problem is, you can't even ADD 1. It's broken.
Message 9 of 10 (913 Views)

Hero
@DarlingNamine If you get an add room gig in an apartment, it's best to post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-CL-ECO-Add-room-gig-not-working-in-apartments/td-p/1039365...

That's the current bug report for apartments.

Evergreen Harbour apartments don't seem to work at all.

Thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ECO-DHD-Can-t-do-Renovations-in-Evergreen-Harbor-apartments/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (895 Views)