Re: How do you put your sim to care for self mode ?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

How do you put your sim to care for self mode ?

★★ Novice

I have been trying to figure out where I can click in the game to make it so my Sam goes into care for self mode. I’ve been trying to click around but I haven’t been able to find any definitive information on this. This may seem simple as someone could break it down for me that would be incredible! I just need to know how I can actually set them to care for themselves.

Message 1 of 5 (16,708 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sscannell26 

When you travel away from your lot the remaining Sims there are automatically in Care for self mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (16,688 Views)

★★ Novice

There isn't a "care for self mode"

It seems the game can manage not allowing sims to die if they are not in "live" mode but in live mode the artificial intelligence is actually really stupid, to the point of being a *.

The activities of your sim are all RNG based.

Easily seen if your sim has a job to go to.

Let's say your sim has to go to work in one hour. What does a sim do to prepare for going to work? Simple stuff like not going to be hungry, needing the toilet, being stinky or stressed out?

Your sim is too stupid to care for themselves and so you need to hand-hold each sim throughout it's whole development.

Another example. Your sim is in some need of a toilet but the only toilet is broken and wtaer is spraying everywhere.

You may expect your sim to at least have an attempt at repairing the toilet or at least call in a plumber to repair it.

Alas no. Your sim will * themselves and be appropriately embarrassed about doing so and may even take a bath afterwards... if the bath works.

D.

Message 3 of 5 (16,672 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Daveroski 

You seem to think that this should be a movie where you just watch what happens. But in games like this is you are actually meant to make decisions and control your characters. You avoid the kind of things you mention by Ordering your Sims to repair broken stuff, replace it or hire a handy man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (16,661 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen

Actually I expect it to me more of a sim-ulation in which I can steer the progress of the family.
One feels the the name of the game , "The Sims", suggests a level of simulation.
If I have steered the training of a Sim to include a repair skill. Is it unreasonable that I should expect them to attempt to use the skill?

I expect them to be better at simulating peeps than they are.

If I want to have full control, there is a setting for that. They will do nothing unless told to. Although I understand they are supposed to override if they are going to starve to death or pee themselves. Never tested that.

However there is a setting for AUTONOMY now this setting suggests a level of SIMulation that it simply does not provide.

D.
Message 5 of 5 (16,617 Views)