How do you gather votes in the political career?

by jorgen0412

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you gather votes in the political career?

★★★ Novice

So, I tried googling and used all the tricks that other people use to gather votes as a sims politician, but nothing seems to work?

My sim is super confident (from a potion), introduces herself with an enchanting introduction (she has 10 charisma), successfully promotes policies and makes empty promises, but still can't "secure vote". It fails every time. I've tried 16 sims in total with these steps and haven't managed to secure one vote. I've tried on several different lots, public and not. Am I doing something wrong?

I both disabled my mods and moved the folder to desktop just in case that was interfering after the third unsuccessful try, so it's not that. Maybe my luck is just really bad? Is there a cheat or something to secure votes, maybe? I haven't found one.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (25,588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you gather votes in the political career?

Champion (Retired)

Build up friendship before using "secure vote".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (26,514 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Build up friendship before using "secure vote".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (26,515 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen thank you! I tried with my sim's child and butler (both at full friendship) and neither voted for her, but then I built a stranger up to half friendship and he agreed to vote for her. I guess it's just luck (and friendship)

Message 3 of 4 (25,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jorgen0412 my sim is "good friend" (maximum friendship) with another sim, and she still refuse to vote, stop saying "build your friendship", it is not just friendship, everyone say "build your friendship", i just did it, and she still REFUSE to vote
Message 4 of 4 (2,067 Views)