Re: How do you change your Sim's height?

by rumbutter

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you change your Sim's height?

★★★ Novice

Or can you? I've tried a lot of different things with the body modifier to no avail. 

Message 1 of 37 (303,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

nope no adjust the height of a sim only the body mass  and  muscle mass

View in thread

Message 2 of 37 (348,702 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

nope no adjust the height of a sim only the body mass  and  muscle mass

Message 2 of 37 (348,703 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well that seems kind of odd with all of the other things that can be modified. If I want to make my wife, who is more than a foot shorter than me, it will look wierd when she's as tall as I am lol

Message 3 of 37 (303,320 Views)

Hero

It has to do with animations. If they had different heights (teen are same height as adults too in Sims 4), they would have to make seperate animations for all heights since they haven't found a way to make them scalable.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (303,320 Views)

Hero (Retired)

what crinrict said ( sorry took a while to get back to you my internet keeps disconnecting )

Message 5 of 37 (303,315 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I realize this is a really old thread, but there are still a few of us playing Sims3 (and the answer might also apply to Sims4--I can't say for sure, since I don't play it).  Anyway, the answer is yes, you can adjust height.  But not directly, since there is no slider for it.

You do it using the randomize button located at the bottom of the panel on the upper left portion of the CAS screen.  Although the sim that first appears in CAS is always standard height, if you click on randomize, all the sim's characteristics change, including height.  (And there's a wide variety of heights available, including at least two that are taller than standard and a bunch that extend almost to the bottom of the screen.)

Of course, this is easiest to do when you're creating a new sim.  You just keep clicking the randomize button until you have a sim that's the height you want, then make all the other adjustments as you normally would.

Changing the height of an existing sim is more difficult.  After randomizing, you have to recreate the original sim by returning all the sliders to same values they had before.  It's doable but very tedious.

I only started using this feature a few days ago and haven't tested it extensively yet.  But so far, all the animations work fine at each life-stage.

Message 6 of 37 (283,084 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @MHastings92,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the community!

To be honest, I'm a bit confused - height is not a feature in The Sims 3 and the behavior you are describing is not the usual behavior of the game. Oops Is it possible you are using a mod in your game? 

-Mai

Message 7 of 37 (283,036 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd almost agree, but given there's mods out there made by ppl who may or may not be professionals, vs the professionals of the Sims Crew themselves, I'd think they do have the ability. Perhaps at some point they'll add a patch for it?

I personally wouldn't mind if it was a lil awkward or if there were very few height options, so long as there'd be options of some sort at least.

Message 8 of 37 (276,273 Views)

Champion

I wish there was a height difference (just short, medium, & tall would suffice)! Heart But if they took away the height difference between Teens and Adults, I don't think adding height differences will ever be the direction this game will go in. Devil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 37 (276,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie

3d modeling animations is simply applying a movement path in sequence to Any character of Any size in Any shape with Any amount of bones and Any amount of joints. It is actually done with the Click of a Button, applying the Same animations to Different 3d models. Super easy. That tech option and standard click-to-apply has been around since 3DS Max, which is from the 1990s.

This is just EA. No way around it. With all the obvious corner-cutting, visually and verbally in-game, you would think they would have the extra money, time, and quality developers just sitting around waiting to be utilized in the development project. No height adjustment seems really weird, considering this IS a character game, 100%.

Message 10 of 37 (163,981 Views)