How do I rotate furniture in Sims 4 on Mac?

by MissLajsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I rotate furniture in Sims 4 on Mac?

★ Novice

Hi, 

Haven't played Sims on Mac before and I'm having trouble rotating the furniture. Any tips? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 8 (25,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I rotate furniture in Sims 4 on Mac?

@MissLajsen  The < and > keys are supposed to work with both the Sims 4 and Sims 3 cameras, in any language.  However, I can see a few comments about that not working with certain keyboard layouts.  Those comments unfortunately don't say what the answer is, other than switching keyboard layouts.  So you might have to experiment a bit—try a few different keys and see what happens.

The easiest thing to do is switch to the Sims 3 camera and test.  To see the option, click on the camera icon in the upper right corner of your screen.  Try both the < and > keys and dragging the cursor while holding an object.  You can also hold down the optn (alt) key and drag around the mouse to free rotate if you want more control.

In the Sims 4 camera, holding an object and doing a single right-click should rotate the object 45º, but only in one direction, so you'd usually have to click repeatedly to get the angle you wanted.  But if you don't like the Sims 3 camera, it's a viable alternative.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (25,115 Views)

All Replies

@MissLajsen  When holding an object, you can just click and drag your cursor in the direction you want it to rotate.  Or use the < and > (comma and period) keys to rotate it.  If this doesn't work, please let me know what keyboard layout you have.

Message 2 of 8 (25,174 Views)

★ Novice

When I click and drag all that I can do is move the item, not rotate it. Using the < and > key resulted in the item shrinking. 

I use my laptop keyboard with touch pad. 

Thank you so much for helping med Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (25,159 Views)

@MissLajsen  What language is your keyboard layout?  With an English layout of some sort, the < and > keys rotate an item, but it may be different in other languages.

Message 4 of 8 (25,145 Views)

★ Novice

My keyboard is in swedish with three extra letters å, ä, ö. Do you have any idea what key will work for me? Thank you!

Message 5 of 8 (25,133 Views)

@MissLajsen  The < and > keys are supposed to work with both the Sims 4 and Sims 3 cameras, in any language.  However, I can see a few comments about that not working with certain keyboard layouts.  Those comments unfortunately don't say what the answer is, other than switching keyboard layouts.  So you might have to experiment a bit—try a few different keys and see what happens.

The easiest thing to do is switch to the Sims 3 camera and test.  To see the option, click on the camera icon in the upper right corner of your screen.  Try both the < and > keys and dragging the cursor while holding an object.  You can also hold down the optn (alt) key and drag around the mouse to free rotate if you want more control.

In the Sims 4 camera, holding an object and doing a single right-click should rotate the object 45º, but only in one direction, so you'd usually have to click repeatedly to get the angle you wanted.  But if you don't like the Sims 3 camera, it's a viable alternative.

Message 6 of 8 (25,116 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for your help. Switching to the Sims3 camera worked. 

Message 7 of 8 (25,105 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MissLajsen Enable TS3 camera in camera options, hold alt and left key, move your mouse the direction you want it rotated.
Message 8 of 8 (19,039 Views)