How do I place a home on a lot?

by starsnskulls

Original Post

How do I place a home on a lot?

★★ Novice

Hi again, Ok so here's my question...In SIMS4

I want to place a home from my gallery on a larger lot so I can add on to it....well when I place it on my lot, I want to move the house in a certain area. I have noticed when I do that, the backyard items or anything outside the home itself does not move with it....so that all stays but my house moves...how do I move the home and everything with it, all at once?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this.... Happy Simming!

Roxy

Message 1 of 6 (526 Views)

Re: How do I place a home on a lot?

Champion (Retired)
In the Build menu you can choose both to move the house and the lot. You have chosen to only move the house.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@starsnskulls

Like @jpkarlsen said you're using the wrong tool. I think that the hotkeys for moving the house vs moving the lot are U and Y Standard smile

Skärmklipp.PNG

Edit: inserted image

Message 3 of 6 (503 Views)

★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenHi, I do press only to move the house and it will move, but the yard decorations and stuff won't move with it...not sure how to do all of it at once.

Thanks,

Roxy

Message 4 of 6 (495 Views)

★★ Novice

@CMekiYeah I'm doing all that, plus I did try using Y and U but that didn't help.

Thanks,

Roxy

Message 5 of 6 (490 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Select move Lot instead
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (489 Views)