Re: How do I find a specific ghost of an unplayed character?

by CGrant56

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I find a specific ghost of an unplayed character?

★ Apprentice

I have read discussion after discussion about finding ghosts and have not been able to find my answer.  I have a very unique situation and there may be no way of finding this ghost.  I created a female sim, placed her in a house, then marked her as "unplayed."  Then the next time I got in my game, she had two babies and was married!  I clicked on her family tree, and babies' and the man she is married to is not the father of her twins.  The father of her twins is a ghost that died from hunger.  When I grew up the babies, they were mermaids and they had a sad buffer from losing a parent.  I used the MCCC to "teleport world sim to this sim" and it didn't work.  The ghost is not in anyone's relationships.  I have gone to ghost night at the Shrieking Llama and he never showed up. When I "manage households," he isn't in any of them, nor is he in the "not in this world" category.  His name is Paka'a Uha.  I tried using the cheat code to get his id, and nothing happened.  It's like he doesn't exist.  I really want to find this ghost and bring him back to life.  I just don't see any way to do it.  

Message 1 of 9 (10,872 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@savedasims 

I'm afraid not.  Once a sim is released to the netherworld, I know of no way that you can get them back.  

The only thing you might be able to do is reload them if you have an earlier save where they are still alive.  then you could save them to your library and reintroduce them back into your current save.  Then use MCCC to reset their relationships with their other family members.  But you said that you've already looked in earlier saves and couldn't find him.

The name of your dead sim sounds familiar though.  I have to check but isn't he a mermaid?  If he is who I think he is, you can get him back by searching for Maxis sims in the gallery.  I think he is one of the Maxis pre made NPC sims that came with IL which have been uploaded in the gallery.  All the NPC mermaids in my game died off and I was able to add them back by doing that.  

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (10,771 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

You could try adding the haunted lot trait to your home although it's not guaranteed to work it might take time for them to show up another thing that could of happened is he could of been culled from the game I've had it happen to me and depending on when he died ghosts only stick around for so long until they disappear from the game all together.

Message 2 of 9 (10,846 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Rachelharris31 Culling: That's what I am afraid has happened. I've tried restoring my game to an earlier version but I can't go back far enough.
Message 3 of 9 (10,830 Views)

Hero

@savedasims 

Since you are using MCCC, click on a sim to get the MCCC menu and look for the population reports.  One of them will give you a list of every sim in your save by name. I believe one will give you just the ghosts but I may be mistaken on that.  Been a while since I used it.  If he is listed, he's still in your game.  If he isn't listed, then he has been culled.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 9 (10,804 Views)

★ Apprentice

@CGrant56 I ran the details report and it does in deed say he was culled. So is there any way to "uncull" someone?

Message 5 of 9 (10,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@savedasims 

I'm afraid not.  Once a sim is released to the netherworld, I know of no way that you can get them back.  

The only thing you might be able to do is reload them if you have an earlier save where they are still alive.  then you could save them to your library and reintroduce them back into your current save.  Then use MCCC to reset their relationships with their other family members.  But you said that you've already looked in earlier saves and couldn't find him.

The name of your dead sim sounds familiar though.  I have to check but isn't he a mermaid?  If he is who I think he is, you can get him back by searching for Maxis sims in the gallery.  I think he is one of the Maxis pre made NPC sims that came with IL which have been uploaded in the gallery.  All the NPC mermaids in my game died off and I was able to add them back by doing that.  

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 9 (10,772 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@CGrant56 Wow, what a helpful answer! And, you're right, he is a pre made mermaid Sim, shows up in all my games. Friendly fella with pretty eyes.
I hope savedasims reintroduces him into the game like you suggested.
Message 7 of 9 (10,741 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes! Thank you so much. I couldn’t find him in the gallery, so I started a new game, teleported him to my new sim so that I could upload him “as is” to my gallery. Then I went back into the other game and downloaded him. 

Message 8 of 9 (10,728 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@savedasims   Great!!  I'm glad you found him.

But just so you know, I was wrong on how I got him back.  I hadn't started my game and looked before I answered you but I did look in the gallery later.  He and the other 3 mermaids are not in the gallery after all.  I started a new game and did the same thing you did to get them back

That's one of the really nice thing about how the library works.  The ability to move sims between games so we can always get the Maxis sims back if we want to.  

Message 9 of 9 (10,696 Views)